Everyone needs a horn player!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Just Crazy, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Im living in Salford at the moment and im looking for a band, Anyone got any vacancies?????

Surely someones got a home for 'Just Crazy'
  2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

There ain't many vacancies in't country, ne'er mind manchester area. It seems horn players stay longer than any other instrument at a band
  3. eanto

eanto Member

Is this one of those MORI polls or summit?

I reckon you're goin' for the most posted items in shortest time thingys...:wink:
  4. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Oh dear, sussed me:clap: .

No, not really, didn't know there was one. In fact, i'm surprised i haven't been nominated for that boffin award "thingy":cool:
  5. eanto

eanto Member

Not picking a fight or anything Masterblaster Jnr, I'm all for free speech and that, but the last 10 posts, six have been made by you!:tongue:
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok folks - this is Just Crazy's thread advertising her services to a band - can we leave all off-topic posts off it please? And a note to masterblaster_jr specifically: please bear the tMP rules in mind - particularly this one: "8 (b) Do not post replies simply to increase your post count"

Thank you!
  7. eanto

eanto Member

Good point Dyl, I'll wind my neck in now! If anyone can give Just Crazy a good home, please be in touch. (i'm sure you'll be snapped up).
  8. Errol

Errol Supporting Member

Hi, justcrazy, what level of band are you looking for?. If you don't mind playing in the lower sections my band Coppull and Standish (4th section nationally 3rd section locally)are always willing to accommodate new players. If you don't mind travelling (we are based near Chorley in Lancashire) you would be welcome to come down for a blow. We rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.30 - 9.30 p.m. Contact details and directions can be found on the band's website. www.cas-band.co.uk. Enjoyed talking to you at Pontins by the way. (Brave Sir Robin & the Knights of the Holy Grail)

John Hall
    Current Solo Horn
    Coppull & Standish Band
  9. andyfake

andyfake Member

In reply to the thread title, we certainly do (2nd Horn), but probably a bit far for you to travel. However, if there's anyone a bit closer following this thread......
  10. jenjohn

jenjohn New Member

Hi, justcrazy, what level of band are you looking for?. If you don't mind playing in the lower sections Uppermill Band (4th section nationally Pontins 4th Section Champions, National Finalists 2007 and 3rd section locally)are looking for a second horn player. If you don't mind travelling (we are based in Friezland Nr Uppermill Saddleworth) you are more than welcome to come down for a blow. We rehearse Monday and Wednesday from 8pm-10pm Contact details and directions can be found on the band's website. www,uppermillband.com I think you have been speaking to our lst horn player recently!?
  11. jenjohn

jenjohn New Member

Sorry slip of the finger!!! ammendment to web site for contact details

12. History Girl

History Girl New Member

Hi there, seems to be problem with our web link, if you are interested please try again, by logging onto our site at www.uppermillband.com
  13. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

The Blackley Band are always happy to welcome players, we are currently a fourth section band based in North Manchester, near Heaton Park. We already have a number of salfordites playing in the band and are more than happy to have more and more!
    If your interested check out the website www.blackleyband.co.uk or PM me for directions to the Community Centre on Victoria Avenue.
    We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays 8 - 10 under Adie Smith.
  14. madsaz

madsaz Member

Ashton band have a horn vacancy - it would involve some travelling but has decent transport links. I work in Salford so could get you there some evenings, we could probably manage lifts home sometimes too. Email or pm me if you want a chat.

sara (sarafurness@doctors.net.uk)
  15. caesar romaro

caesar romaro New Member

Point of Ayr require a solo horn play soon. keith
  16. roz

roz New Member

My name is Roz and I am the Brass and Percussion Section Leader of the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service Band.

I have just seen your post on The Mouthpiece and wanted to let you know we currently have a vacancy for Horn in the band.

We rehearse on a Monday night in Birkenshaw, Bradford at 7.30pm-10pm with a coffee break in between. We do have people who travel this far and I'm sure that if needed there would be someone to help you out. We are a military band and have done some prestigious venues including The Menin Gate in Ypres and even playing fr the Queen. We are planning another trip to Belgium next year too.

We do sit down concerts but also some marching. You would be very welcome to come to a rehearsal to see what you think.
    Please contact me either via email or on 01133682712 or 07725192170. Also if there is anymore information you require, please let me know!

If you want to check out our website please visit www.wyfrsband.com

I look forward to hearing from you!!