Ever want an idea of how an adjudicator thinks ??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by midwalesman, Mar 31, 2004.

1. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

If you go to the link on Adjudicators at the Masters topic you will see that I have been carrying out a statistical analysis of adjudications which B+R have had in the major contests over the last 10 years. I am eager to get other bands adjudications so that I could collect similar data and see whether there are definite patterns to the way adjudicators approach the contest and what things do they actually take not of, and which things they don't. These comments may seem unnecessary and you might think that you know already what they think and their methods.

If there is one adjudicator that marks you down in every contest, do you want to know why ? If you know already, fine, but if you could send me copies of the adjudication from these contests I am willing to bet that I can show you in statistical and graphical form what the adjudicators consistantly look for or note in your performance.

If you are interested in helping me find out if my current hypothesis and recent results are either right or completely wrong, or in fact if you're interested in this study please can you send me the adjudications.

So in plain terms, PLEASE SEND YOUR ADJUDICATIONS ? if it costs a few stamps I will pay for them out of my own pocket.

2. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Would do Richard, but we somehow manage to loose our comments!!! :? :guiness
    However I'll give you a plug and say that I've seen him working on this and it really is interesting!! Don't know how you find the time to work it all out!! :)
    I'm sure that any band that sends their comments in will be surprised by the results, be worth a first class stamp any day! :D

3. Sounds like a superb idea, for all anyone knows even the best bands might be aiming to please in comletely the wrong ways. I guess any attempt to shed some light on the dark corners of a judge's mind would help all bands to some extent.

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Perhaps the topic should be called 'Do you want to know WHY the adjudicator thinks :) ;-) (only joshin' you adjudicators out there!)