Eve of the War arrangement?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tim Pritchard, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

Can anyone tell me who arranged the Eve of the War from the War of the Worlds. I think i'm after the version that Grimethorpe played in the Granada Band of the Year back in 1987. I know there is a Steve Sykes version but I have a faint memory of playing a manuscript copy of a much fuller version with somebody.
  2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I've got a Dyke recording of a Christian Jenkins arrangement.
    No idea how it compares to the other one though, sorry!
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Would guess you are correct about the handwritten version, have played that at Barnsley Chronicle (Barrow Band as was) and there is also a slightly revised and printed version of the same piece done by Steve Sykes
  4. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

If it's the same arrangement that was on their album 'Grimethorpe Entertains', then I'm pretty sure it was done by Steve Sykes.
  5. SteveT

SteveT Member

Isn't that one he got into copyright hot water for?
  6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

There was a "legitimate" published version around 15 years ago; the arranger was (I believe) John Blake, and the arrangement was published by Yendell Music. The arrangement is long since out of print, and Yendell are no longer trading, however I still have contact with the people who used to own/run it. If you really want it, I can probably help source a (legal!) copy. Please PM if interested.