Evans returns to Leyland

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by leylandband, Apr 9, 2011.

1. leylandband

leylandband Member

Press release: 9th April 2011

Following the news that Jason Katsikaris will return to conduct at the British Open, Leyland Band are pleased to welcome back another returnee in the form of Richard Evans as their new Professional Conductor.

"Richard and Leyland go back over thirty years," commented band administrator Iain McKnight. "He has the same drive and determination that he had when the band were ranked number one in the world. His enthusiasm and positivity is infectious and audiences simply love him! We are all very excited about working with him on various projects, contests and concerts."

Richard extends his current role as Musical Director Emeritus, and will take Leyland to the forthcoming English Nationals, Whit Friday and Brass in Concert Championships.

The full article, including comment from Associate MD John Doyle and Richard himself, can be seen here.

Meanwhile the band has welcomed a number of signings to their ranks:
    Ian Hodgson joins on BBb bass after the departure of Alan Hodgkinson to Fodens while Dave MacLeod comes in on 2nd trombone after a successful time at Blackburn & Darwen. In addition, Andy Power takes the repiano after playing assistant principal at Wire Brass and Michelle Lane joins on solo cornet following successful spells with Wingates, Ashton and Hepworth.

"We are delighted to welcome four players of such quality to the bandroom," commented Iain, "and wish them a long and happy time at Leyland!"
  2. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Great news - I always felt that Richard and the band were robbed of a national title in the "Cloudcatcher Fells" final.
  3. garsop_2000

garsop_2000 Member

Great reading this news on Mr. Evans appointment at Leyland. It's great watching whether present at a venue or watching back on DVD the way Mr. Evans conducts a march.

Looking forward to seeing this at B.I.C '11 in my opion the "conductor king" of marches [​IMG]

Now with him in tow for The Sage I wonder what odds Paddys will have on a Leyland win ? ;)