European Youth Band 2008

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Thegroupies, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

European Youth Brass Band, 2008. Whos In From England, Scotland , Wales And Ireland? Anyone Know Yet?
  2. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Just read this weeks bandsman English representatives. Andrew Moore - Tenor Horn, Elizabeth Fitzpatrick -Flugal, Jonathan Shaw Bb Bass. Well done . Come on Scotland, Wales and Ireland who are you sending?
  3. axelo

axelo Member

Sweden is sending Gustav Stenseke and Filip Draglund. Gustav is one of my greatest friends so it made me very happy when he told me!

Well done both of you :-D
  4. peps

peps New Member

My brother and I, (Michael and Ruth Montgomery) are in it representing NI. ;) I am in on Bb cornet and my bro is in on Eb horn. Its his second year playing in the band, and my third year.
  5. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

I'd love to play in a band like yours. I have a few recordings of you guys and from what I've guys sound great!

Good luck to the European Youth Brass band this year!
  6. tuba70

tuba70 New Member

French players

France is sending Benjamin Richeton (Bb cornet), Sophie Budelot (Eb horn) and Blandine Budelot (Bb cornet).

Benjamin and Sophie took part to the EYBB'07.
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That's good to see - pity there's no French band in the contest this time, though :(
  8. tuba70

tuba70 New Member

The French champion (brass band Aeolus) do not participate to the contest this year due to the cost of the trip. :(

There is no sponsoring for brass bands in France.
  9. Zeek

Zeek Member

Well done to the english contingent on getting in, and especially Jonny Shaw, who is my Bb bass partner at Faireys, do us proud!

By the way does anyone know when the EYBB is taking place?
  10. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Not completely sure if I'm right but is it April 27th - May 4th?
    You would have to double check.
  11. tuba70

tuba70 New Member

It is Saturday April 26th to Sunday May 4th.
  12. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

There you go... told you i wouldnt be right! :tup
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  13. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Is anyone having trouble finding funding to go?

And before you ask, no I'm not offering money.

It would appear the English representatives are being funded, congrats!

Not sure about Scotland and Ireland, but I know theres no money for the Welsh.

It is may personal opinion that the title 'Youth' is often associated with 'children', and suggests -not very good-to those outside the banding world. I know this is quite untrue and many of the participants this year play for championship section bands and compete on the international stage, but untill we advise those with such a perception there will never be any significant sponsorship.
  14. chris shanks

chris shanks New Member

EYBB - Scottish contingent!!!!!!!

Hi guys...just joined this n noticed people were wondering who is going from Scotland to Norway. Shanks on Euphonium (Bellshill SA, Kirkie Kelvin) and Eoin Downie (hope a got that right) on Trombone.

look forward to it and to meeting some new faces :)

15. Po's the name

Po's the name Member

The Welsh representatives for the 2008 European Band are :
    Emma Havard (Tenor Horn)
    Bethan Evans (Eb Bass)
    Chris Evans (Bass Trombone)

Well done to these guys, a great achievement!!