European Championships 2008

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Masterblaster jnr, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I see it hasn't been started yet so might as well start it on the opening weekend.

Post here opinions on games, who you're supporting, what you think of the referees and everything else about Euro 2008. Apart from of course c'mon England :mad: .

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

So, have people been watching the tournament then? Any thoughts?

I thought the Russians were very good last night - not many teams give the Dutch a lesson in football!

3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I really was happy spain won tonight. It'll be a young game in the semis. Russia against spain, two very very young sides

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I have to say I have really enjoyed Euro 2008 without England in the competition. Although it is a great excuss for a party.

Been some great entertaining games and this is coming from someone who really dosen't like football. I think its because the British Media haven't got anything to talk about, the hype and critism really spoils it!

5. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Missed the Russia v Holland game, but was surprised by the result, particularly the way the Dutch had gone through the group stage. I'd tipped them to win the competition. I think it'll be Germany now (so watch them get beaten by Turkey tonight!!).

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I'm afraid Gary Lineker is going to be right once again...
    But of course I will be supporting Spain on Sunday ;)

7. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Ruthless efficiency against style and flair.

completely different and a tough one to call but the Germans have the edge for me.

8. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Spain won!! Thank goodness! I was amazed at how rubbish the German team were. I am glad the Germans didnt win though.