European Championships 2006 Best Bits

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by stephenmrry, May 5, 2006.

1. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Im fed up reading about what was wrong with the adjudication so come on people let me know what you found great about the Europeans. For me Brass Band Oberosterreich where just brilliant they had that section won by the first note of there first piece. Also Riverdance a personal favourite of mine was great and some fancy foot work by John Doyle and Richard Marshall but they where my highlights! What where yours?
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Eikanger on Riffs & Interludes! It was magic, and the conducting was something else! What a mover.

Also a rather over entusiastic Mr Lovatt-Cooper giving some clash cymbals hell at the end of Extreme Make Over!
  3. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

'hi I'm Steve. I'm the one that got arrested'

ha ha!

No, really my highlight was having music for (and making it to the end of) Paganini at the Farewell Concert. Thanks Liz!! Hope your production is still perfect!!
  4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Great production, do you want to come for a curry? haha
  5. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The farewell concert was the highlight for me - the EYBB and Eikanger were incredible, as were my seats - middle of the front row!

On the Saturday - Soli Brass playing Earthquake was the highlight for me - awesome. Eikanger on Riffs and Interludes not far behind.
  6. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Apart from everyones favourites, (Brass Band Oberosterreich, Eikangers Riffs & Interludes, Dykes Extreme Makeovers) I really enjoyed the Section B Test piece Little Christmas, 6-7 minutes and something very different to what we're used to, I just hope it dosen't get ignored, must have been super fun for the percussion sections!:clap:
  7. rebecca

rebecca Member

For me BAYV and Black Dyke were the highlights, they were simply amazing in my opinion. I also enjoyed Riverdance very much especially the dancing! and then Saturday night was a great night to remember.All in all it was a superb weekend but a bit disappointing for the British bands.
  8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Really can't wait for the cd/ dvd, sounds like there was some really fantastic playing over the weekend! :)
    What's all this about you being arrested Steve!? :confused:
  9. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

heeheehee.......not until your production is as good as mine!
  10. HSB

HSB Member

Many (maybe most?) people who've commented on the adjudication probably never heard a single band.

I wasn't there, but I've heard the Johnny Foreigners were bl**dy good. The fact they've walked off with the trophies is a terrific result for the European Contest going forward.

The fact we (in the British Isles) might only have one qualifier for next year is quite funny and I suppose a few across the Channel might be having a quiet chortle about that.

Well done to Willebroek, we can't always have it our own way and it gives a great buzz to banding across the Channel.
  11. Active Member

Check out these video clips.

Hans Gansch with Brass Band OberOsterreich;

John Doyle and Richard Marshall;
  12. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Thanks alot i have the dvd now however but i have put video on my bebo account its brilliant i was present on the night as well was a fab weekend thanks tho for putting the video up its great!