Euro 2004 - OMG!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Curiosity_Kills, Jun 15, 2004.

?

What do you think of Euro 2004

1. I'm enjoying it - it's fun

100.0%
  2. I'm not interested, but it's not bothering me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I find it annoying

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. In the same vein to Deave's 'BOC Brother - OMG!' - here's my Euro 2004 post

Do we really need all these post on Euro 2004?
    Like BOC Brother - only some of us are interested!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euro 2004
    BOC Brother - OMG!
    some
    BOC Brother
    vein
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Is that not the reason for "Random chat and OFF TOPIC", so we can talk about things not related to banding. If you don't like it then don't read it.

4. Yes, but do we need individual posts on, for example, Sweden's victory over Bulgaria?

5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

In usual tMP style we've added a Poll

:wink:

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Why Sweden/ Bulgaria may be a bit much, I have very much enjoyed some of the posts like 'Is it Harsh (Hesky's plane ticket on e-bay),' I also think the 'should Enlgand start with the same 11' was very appropriate for a Random topic.

BTW I think the BOC household has tidied up there place nicely for the rest of us to view the 'recent posts' easier.

You might want to watch out or soon somebody will have a poll..." OMG, How many of you have had enough of the OMG polls?" :wink:

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

OMG - another Poll! :eek: :lol:

8. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I've voted "I find it annoying" on general terms. I.E. I think that football in general gets far too much media coverage.

On a tMP note, I'm not bothered either way. I'm quite capable of deciding for myself which posts I want to read and the layout of this site makes it easy enough to choose which topics you want to skip.

What is getting a bit irritating is people who don't seem to be able to choose for themselves and go off complaining whenever they see a topic that they're not interested in. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

9. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

don't understand it, dont really care & dont really read topics on that anyways (am loving the "person before" thread!!)

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Could someone please post a thread which is of interest to every member of tmp, just so that we don't have these arguments any more... well go on! it's obviously not that difficult!

:roll:

11. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Hehehe :) Good thread :) Euro 2004 is of little interest to me but it has had the side effect of spawning a number of interesting threads here on tMP. At last, a use for football :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euro 2004
    BOC Brother - OMG!
    some
    BOC Brother
    vein
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Sorry if I'm coming over all 'mod' but this is a RANDOM CHAT AND OFF TOPIC thread for precisely things like this. That's how I understand it anyway (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you see a Sweden/Bulgaria thread and you know it's of no interest to you, don't open it, period! There are many topics on these boards and particularly the Random one which are of no interest to me at all. It isn't a problem. I don't join in. It's a random topic thread, fine. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like this.

I could understand if these anti Euro 2004 rants were happening if we posted our football related topics on The Rehearsal Room or some such, but if there's a problem on RCAOT, can I, instead of sounding like a mod, which is not my intention, (and apologies if this appears so) ask the mods to clarify the position?

Unacceptable though it may be to some, football is a discussion invoking subject, particularly when a major tournament is taking place. It's a fact of life. Deal with it. Honestly, if I hated football, I wouldn't be moaning about the posts on here, I simply wouldn't bother opening the thread.

14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

well said that man

15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

A topic in Random Chat & Off Topic that DP hasn't contributed to... now that I'd like to see!!! :D

;)

16. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It has happened, I think. Maybe? It's a thought isn't it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Blah Blah Blah.

It's great at the moment football, rugby and cricket!!!!! YEY!!!

18. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

breaking news

It's just been reported that one of the French football players has failed a drugs and alcohol test yesterday (Monday) after the match. If this is confirmed as positive, under Fifa rules, paragraph 6 sub section 2e, France will forfeit their 3 points and they'll be appointed to their opponents, England.
    Scroll down for the full transcript of this report.

Carlsberg don't send emails, but if they did, they'd probably be the best in the world.

19. louise0502

louise0502 Member

And soon Wimbledon and the Olympics too!! (yay)

20. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

All in all an action packed summer for the armchair sportsman.

21. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

and don't forget

COMING SOON.... tennis... :? :( :cry:

ah well, there's always the olympics to look forward to eh?

22. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

OMG is there to much sport one telly this year?

i feel another thread comming along! :p