Euphonium valve tops

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jam spoon, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. Jam spoon

    Jam spoon New Member


    Could anyone help me to find someone or somewhere that supplies Besson Euphonium valve tops?
    We have an instrument in our band that seems to have 'lost' 2?!:confused: Don't ask!

    Many thanks
  2. alanl58

    alanl58 Member

  3. flugelgal

    flugelgal Active Member

    Mouthpiece also sell these. I think they call them "valve buttons" though ("US English" I suppose ;-)).
  4. catto09

    catto09 Member

    Valve tops or valve buttons? Two different things. And what model? You could phone band supplies. They might be able to source you some stuff for a good price
  5. Despot

    Despot Member

    Yes, two very different things! Is the the cap that keeps the valve in or the button you press?

    Most places will supply felts, springs etc but for anything a bit more unusual, we go to Windcraft. They have the parts listed online which is very handy!
  6. catto09

    catto09 Member

    The valve cap is the bit that you screw on so that the valve doesn't fall out. The valve button is the bit that you push in
  7. Danny

    Danny New Member


    Not sure why, but I have a set of gold ones with the black tops. They dont fit my BBb so no good to me.

    PM your address and I will post them to you!

  8. catto09

    catto09 Member

    Ah, Besson Prestige valve Buttons?
  9. Jam spoon

    Jam spoon New Member

    Thanks very much all - from your replies, I think it's the valve buttons we're after.

    We'll see if Danny's will work and if not, will contact the suppliers suggested.