Euphonium student looking for friendly band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy_Euph, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi I have just started at Huddersfield Uni and I'm looking for a friendly band in the area to come and have a blow with. I play euphonium but have also played baritone in the past and wouldn't mind playing either.

Any response would be appriecated :D
  2. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Welcome to Yorkshire!
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Good luck finding a band Andy, watch for these Yorkshire folk though.... They speak funny, call other men "love" and refuse to serve Newcy Broon properly. On the plus side though, they love geordies :D
  4. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

It just so happens that my band (Littleborough) are looking for a Euph player at the moment!
    We're a friendly 4th Section band based just outside Rochdale. We rehearse every Thursday from 7.45 - 9.45.
    If getting there would be a problem, as the girlfriend and I drive over from Leeds, I'm sure we could pick u up on the way.

If you're interested then either PM Mattb or email him at (Matt's our M.D.) or PM me and I will pass u his number.

Look forward to seeing u soon maybe! :wink:
  5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Also if u want a lift home, I'm afraid it takes longer to get back as there's a pub we like to visit just round the corner from the bandroom! :lol: :guiness :guiness
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

if only you were in the northwest you could have joined THE friendly band!
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

Littlebourough are great i think!!!! u should join them!! they are friendly! :)
  8. geordiecolin

You don't seem to be sure though Leisa!!
  9. leisa

leisa Active Member

nooooo i ment i think theyre great not i think they mite be i know they are grrrr
  10. geordiecolin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

*Having sufficiently wound up Leisa, Colin crawls away and waits for his next unsuspecting victim!*
  11. leisa

leisa Active Member

u just wait!!! :evil:
  12. MattB

MattB Member

Thanks for the plug Leisa!! It's amazing how far a bit of good spirit from Whit Friday can stretch isn't it!!

Come on then Andy, what do you say mate? You've got a lift sorted AND a huge vote of approval from the Flixtonites! You gonna come for a blow?
  13. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Good luck finding a band Andy ... I'm sure you'll find one.
  14. Heather

Heather Member

a message to Flixton're not the only 'friendly' band in the North West you know!!
  15. leisa

leisa Active Member

no we know!!! we share the title with littlebourough!! :p (joke by the way im sure u lot are very friendly too)
  16. Heather

Heather Member

I wasn't particularly meaning us (although we are!).
    I've played and been in contact with loads of North West bands and they are ALL friendly.
  17. Ej

Ej New Member

Hi Andy,

I am the principal cornet with the Old silkstone Brass Band, a very progressive and up and coming band.

If you fancy a blow you would be more than welcome!

I my self am @ uni in huddersfield and there is another guy at band from uni too. It's a great team whos doin quite well.

They will be 1st section as of Jan 2004 and looking forward to the new challenges which it brings.

If you are interested email me

Take care Ej.
  18. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

You sold the band so well Eliot!!

Andy, you've got our smashing euph tuba ensemble to play in! Who needs a band?! Hmm...

19. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Oh I know that our ensemble is such rip roaring fun! But one needs to spread the joy (or should I say misery) of one's sound :lol: :wink:
  20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Ah Jayne, that only happens till November, unless Dave has plans to take us some other place later this (academic) year!

I'd say join me as bumper-up euph at Emley, but the place has just been filled. Crap.