Euphonium required

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by marksmith, Mar 19, 2013.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Now enjoying the benefits of semi-retirement from work, I am looking for an instrument to re-discover my lip and playing!
    To buy/hire/borrow? I would like something not too expensive, good playing order, with a recognised pedigree.
    Please PM me with any suggestions/offers.
    Much appreciated.:tup

2. simonium

simonium Member

I recommend Jenny at cash4brass - got me a gorgeous Sovereign 966 euph after years of being unable to find one. She's got some nice banjos in stock at the moment.

3. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Thanks both.

4. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

There must be a band or individual, with a Euphonium sitting in a cupboard, that could ease an increasingly frustrated player's search?
    No Violins required, but inflation has certainly set me a challenge and has set the bar a little high!
    I need the instrument to be realistically priced to accommodate the restrictions of a fixed pension! (Early retirement:()
    So, thanks for the responses so far, but still looking.
    Thanks all.

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

What is your realistic budget and what is your realistic expectation ?
    I have a couple of Imperials which could be available.
    Andy

6. John_D

John_D Member

Where abouts are you based. There may well be a training band (or similar) in the vicinity that could loan you an instrument and help to get your lip back into playing condition.

7. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I live near to Walsall, West Midlands.
    I was thinking the same John, though I have lost touch with many of the local bands.
    Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

8. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Obviously I do not want to pay any more than I have to.
    My expectation is to be able to use this instrument to allow me to sit back in with bands, and hopefully play at solo contests.
    I can't promise that my budget is realistic to achieve my expectations!
    My main problem is finding an instrument for sale, where the seller is equally realistic.;)
    Regards,
    Mark.

9. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I thought that I was sorted but the trail has suddenly 'gone cold':confused:
    I need to keep the budget tight, just let me know what you've got and what price you are asking.
    An old Yammie Maestro, or a Sovereign would be great. It has to be large bore.
    Again, if any band wants to loan me an instrument in exchange for my services - I'm available:)

10. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    benefits
    semi-retirement
    something
    appreciated.
    suggestions