Euphonium poll

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by giulio36, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giulio36

giulio36 New Member

Hello everibody,
    I apologize if this thread has already been placed: please guide me to it if already exist. Otherwise go through.

I am an amateur recent Euphonium player (I come from a valve trombone) and I play a Yamaha medium level instrument. I feel some inherent limitation in it (basically, a F sharp too sharp, differences in sound centrality, and others minor) and I am intersted in knowing (with the costitutional difficulties of such polls) what could be considered really the "best of bread" on the market.

Here in Italy and ever in Rome is very difficult, say unpossible, to go in a shop and try. Everybody is available to "order" if you garantee the buy ...

I heard about the Besson Prestige BE2052 as the top available model. It is sponsored by Steven Meads who writes all the best about it. I read somewhere that it is good, but is just an improoved Sovereign, and , after all, it remains a "Besson" (as to say that there is a better brand he does not says which). May be it is Willson or something similar?.

I put the question to some of you really expert in Euphonium: I'd like your opinion and guidance also to already existing independent comparison papers o threads. You know, before invest a consistent amount of money ...

Thank you for your help and kindness and forgive my poor english,

Giulio

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to tMP, and hope you enjoy posting and sharing with fellow brass enthisiasts.

Here is a link to a recent discussion on euphoniums which may be helpful:

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8936

I would suggest the discussion carries on in the other thread, so I'll close this one.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.