Euphonium player seeks band - St Andrews

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by wkt, Jun 25, 2006.

1. wkt

wkt Member

I have a pupil hoping to go to University in St Andrews after the Summer. If there is a band in that area looking for a euphonium or baritone player please let me know.

Thank you,

Wesley

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    St Andrews
    band - St Andrews
    Summer
    University
    Wesley
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Local band is Tayport Instrumental but you also have City of Discovery and Dundee Instrumental over the Tay bridge in Dundee. Further afield in Fife you have (in order of proximity) Buckhaven & Methil, Tullis Russell, my own band Lochgelly, Kingdom Brass and Dunfermline Town. You can find contact details for most of these at either www.sbba.org.uk/bands.php or at www.lochgellyband.com/links.php

4. AlanD

AlanD Member

Tullis Russell Mills Band, 3rd Section Scottish Champions are currently looking for a Euphonium player, please feel free to call me any time 07890165109

As well as winning the Scottish Championships the band gained promotion to the 2nd section for 2007.

We are based in Glenrothes area, and transport can be arranged.

The band have a number of high profile gigs including the National Finals in September, the Scottish Challenge Cup in November and our proffesional Conductor is Alan Morrison.

Alan Douglas

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  5. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Dunfermline town 3rd Section Fife band require a euph player, very friendly band rehearsing Tues and Thursday nights.
    PM me for more details. Good Luck
    Dave

6. Buckhaven And Methil Band would be a good option. A group of about five or six students from the University are members of the band. It rehearses on Sundays (7pm-9pm) and Wednesdays (7:30pm-9:30pm) which are good nights for students as there are no rehearsals for groups in the University Music Society (Mon - Chorus, Tues - Brass Group followed by Concert Band, Thurs - Orchestra).

The website address is http://www.buckhavenband.com/ - and feel free to PM me if you want details about contacting the band.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  7. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Couldn't agree more - I spent several happy years with the band before moving down south. A very welcoming band, I'm sure you would enjoy it there :)