Euphonium player moving back to leeds - looking for band.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by pjb120, Aug 1, 2009.

1. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Hi, I'm a Euphonium player, who is moving back to the Leeds area (Farsley) after finishing uni in staffordshire. Currently playing solo euph in a 2nd section band and have mainly played at 1st section/championship (an up and down band) level in the past.

Ideally I am looking to play solo euph at a 1st section level, although would also be interested in any 2nd section bands with the ambition + commitment to progress.

I'm going to be moving up at the end of August, so if there are any vacancies out there, please get in touch and I'll come down for a play.

ps: I don't have a euph at the moment, as it was my previous bands, so I would need to borrow one.

2. euph-man

euph-man Member

Come on folks. I have sat next to this guy for a couple of years and he is a very good euphonium player and is a genuine championship/1st section euph player.

I know this because I used to play solo euph for an established championship section.
  3. IJK

IJK Member

Paul have sent you a message on facebook
  4. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Cheers Ian - received and replied :)

Cheers Dave - I'm receiving pm's, so all fine :)
  5. philkershaw

philkershaw Member

The Band of the yorkshire Regiment is a part time TA Band, we rehearse next to the Uni in Huddersfield. Our other Euph has just graduated from Hudd Uni. If you are interested in being paid for rehearsals and engagements, as well as a travel allowence and an annual Tax Free Bounty up to £1600. Get in touch for futher info!
  6. samandy

samandy Member

Hi Paul

Just wondering if you had found a band yet? I know I have sent you a pm but haven't got a reply.

7. euph-man

euph-man Member

Hello Samady

I am a friemd of pjb120 and he has just the last few days moved back to the Leeds area so where he has moved to may not have internet access
  8. roz

roz New Member

West yorkshire Fire and Rescue service band

Hi there

I am section leader of brass and percussion in the band and we really need lower brass at the moment. We rehearse on Monday evenings in Birkenshaw - lifts would be possible as several band members come from Leeds. We are a good band and do tours abroad too - for example Belgium, Canada to mention a couple. We have a good social aspect too with parties/weekends away etc.
    Please get in touch if you are interested - you can cvontact me on 07725192170 or

I will be happy to provide further information!