Euphonium Player; Looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Seedhouse, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hi guys, currently looking for a band- thought i'd ask the lovely folk on tMP! ;)

I'm a Euphonium player, currently in my 2nd Year at the RNCM, so bands about an hour/ hour and a half away from Manchester via train would be ideal.

I'd be ideally looking for a Championship section or 1st Section band, and would be looking for a band that does doing regular contesting so that I can push myself.

The only night that I cannot rehearse is Wednesdays, due to having College commitments.

2. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Don't know the rules regarding bumping... *awaits potentially vicious thrashing by Mods!* ... but i'm still looking for a band, if there are any vacancies out there :rolleyes:
  3. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Alex - we have a vacancy for Pricipal Euph. We rehearse in Bollington, near Macclesfield. We are in 1st Section from January so will be doing James Cook at Blackpool. We played at Wilkinsons in Section B yesterday and got a very credible 2nd place. If you are interested in coming to see what you think please PM me and we can arrange.

Other RNCM students in the band; Matt Shaw, Debbie Yu.

Cheers, Tim.
  4. alexktz

alexktz New Member

give glossop a try. they may require your services on the end?
  5. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

or stay with denton :D
  6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Hi Alex

I've sent you a PM; Middleton are looking for a solo euph, national 2nd section from January and top section locally. Easily accessible from Manchester on't bus and I'm sure lifts could be arranged anyway. See the ad on 4BR for contact details, or send me a PM :tup

PS if you're quick you'll get to go to Butlins for a weekend on the lash :tup :tup
  7. Take a look on [once again, link removed - JASON, DO NOT HIJACK THESE THREADS]

You can advertise yourself as a dep or browse the vacancies.

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Jason - this is the second time in as many days. Do not hijack these recruitment threads. You charge for your services, we don't. Do not take advantage of tMP or you won't be able to make any posts here.

Alex: sorry about the interruption to your thread.
  9. madsaz

madsaz Member

if you are still looking for a band we may be able to sort a spot for you at Ashton. We are likely to be having a reshuffle rather than having a clear vacancy, but frnakly if a decent player comes along on Euph then we will be happy to fit them in! You could come along for a blow and try us out.

WE are about 30-40 minutes from central manchester and have decent bus links - trains via Victoria. If you want to ask anything let me know - if you p me a phone number I can get our chairman to have a chat if you wish!

10. nicola_bentham

nicola_bentham New Member

hi skemersdale are looking for solo euph player more than welcome to come down for a blow 2nd section local.

we practise on mondays and thurs (no wednesdays) would be perfect, if intrested just drop us a line and can give you any details.