Euphonium Player in the Birmingham Area

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by Welsheuphoniummanjamie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Hey Guys im a euphonium player in Midlands area who is currently studying at the birmingham conservtoire and i would like to find a local band just to keep my lip in can anyone give me some suggestions....

Many Thanks
  2. StevePJ

StevePJ Member

The 2nd euphonium player with the Band of West Mercia Constabulary is taking a leave of absence to go going travelling for a few months. Why not come along for a blow. It's a hard working band, very friendly and well attended rehearsals. You will be made very welcome.
    Rehearsals are on a Monday 7.30pm - 10.00pm at Police Headquarters in Worcester 5 minutes off junction 6 M5. Transport can be arranged from Birmingham if you require a lift. Travel expenses are paid to all players. Exciting times ahead including several contests, high profile concerts, CD recording in February, West Mercia Music Festival and a concert tour to Malta.

Give the band secretary David Francis a call for further information 01495 303120 or give me a call 07834 855 064.

Steve Pritchard-Jones
    Musical Director
  3. sunshine

sunshine Member

Hi James,

You will be made most welcome at Corby Silver Band in Northamptonshire - you can easily get to Corby from the A14. We are a fun, lively, enthusiastic band with a bunch of amusing characters in the band.

Rehearsals are on Wednesday nights 8 - 10, and we will soon be having extra rehearsals on Mondays too. We practise in our own purpose built band club.

email for more details if you are interested.

Sunshine x
  4. maestro uk

maestro uk New Member

Hi James.We are currently looking for a quality 2nd Euphonium player. Give me a call if you are interested.High profile concerts and contests in the diary.

Dave Lea M.D. Jaguar Coventry Band. 07761 338922
  5. thats wicked im currently registered for my band in south wales, until march for the area but i would like to play with another band until then if possible.
  6. fozzie

fozzie New Member

Hi James,

I know this is a bit of a long shot as it is now many months after your first post (I am new to the mouthpiece so have only just spotted your thread), but if you ever fancy a change of band Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band (2nd Section, Midlands) in Worcestershire would give you a warm welcome.

We may be requiring a few Euph deps during the summer, so if you fancy meeting a few new faces and coming over to Worcestershire for a rehearsal either pm me or reply to this thread, it would be great to hear from you.

One of our Euphonium players also studies at the Conservatoire, you may well know him, his name is Mark.

Kind regards

Fozzie:) Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band