Euphonium player at Nottingham Uni looking for band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rubix, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Rubix

Rubix New Member

I am just starting my 2nd year at Nottingham University and would like to find a band to play with. I took a year off from playing last year to focus on my studies but started playing again over the summer with various bands. Formerly 2nd Euphonium Player for Downton Band (3rd section) since 2003. Please p.m. me if you have a suitable vacancy.
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

try Bestwood Black Diamonds contact 'postie' on here
  3. Territorial

Territorial New Member

Euphonium Player at Nottingham University

Hi. We are the South Notts Hussars Band based at Bulwell Nottingham and are looking to strengthen our band in any way possible. We have two Euph players but due to work commitments would welcomeanyone to play 2nd Euph so that our current player can play another roll in the band. We do not go contesting but are always keen to improve our standard.
    You can contact me at
    Best of luck whatever you decide.
  4. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I used to play for Ilkeston Brass near to Nottingham - a top group of people, some excellent players and a great MD - 4th Section at present but IMO a bit better than that suggests... I could happily give you the number if you are interested.

Apart from that there are a number of excellent bands in the Nottingham Area - I am sure one will fit your bill..
  5. back_row_babe

back_row_babe New Member

theres lots of good bands in nottingham.....
    im sure one will find somewhere for ya xx
  6. wez.k

wez.k Member

Just saw your post. I am MD of Amington Band (10th in 4th section National finals 2006)
    We are looking for a 2nd Euph right now. Amington is part of Tamworth, Staffs. Its not exactly Nottingham, but is an easy journey, mainly motorway. We can offer you a very friendly band containing a good number of young people, stimulating concert material, challenging contesting. We work hard in rehearsals, but always try to enjoy it!
    One of our back row cornet players is about to start at Nottingham University so you might be able to share lifts.
    Email me on if you are interested.
    Regards, Wesley Kendrick
  7. a.winner

a.winner New Member

still looking?

Long Eaton welcome all players. Why don't you come for a blow while you're having a look around ? We are a friendly lot:) who understand the pressures of study :frown: and like a laugh. :p What's more we practise in our own pub! :clap:
    Will give you MD's no. if you're interested.
  8. comrademalk

comrademalk New Member

Looking for a band?

The South Notts Hussars Association Band is looking for new players.

We meet at Bulwell on Wednesdays - 7.30 to 9.30.

Formerly part of the Territorial Army, we are now an associated band, with mostly non-military players. We don't do too many jobs at the moment, so not too demanding.

If you're interested, please call me on 0115 8491625.

Best wishes,