Euphonium player: Any vacancies?!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ClareL, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ClareL

ClareL New Member

I was wondering if anybody could help. I've just moved to Manchester, as I am doing a music PGCE @ MMU/RNCM, I play euphonium, and am looking for a band, as I had to leave my Midlands band when I moved. I'm a keen bandsman, and had been a committed member of several bands back in the Midlands, including Amington Band. I'm looking for a challenge, so would love to hear from anyone that knows of any vacancies for euphonium players around the Manchester area.

2. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hi Clare, we will have a vacancy on solo euph after Leicester Contest (29th November) - and maybe even on 2nd euph for the contest due to illness in the band. You would be very welcome to come along and meet the band, have a blow and see what you think. Our solo trom is at RNCM and also the 2nd trom who will hopefully be helping at Leicester.

If you would like to know more please send me a PM. I am on holiday from Tuesday but can put you in touch with the secretary Paul who would love to speak to you :)

Cheers, Tim.

PS we are 1st section.
  3. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Hiya Clare

It would maybe help to know what level you are looking at?

Our solo Euphonium player is also on his PGCE at MMU and may want a chat with you, he is Andy Griffiths.

Adie Smith
  4. ClareL

ClareL New Member

Hi guys, am still looking for a band in the Manchester area. I moved to Manchester for my PGCE Im doing, and had to leave my band, where I played priniciple euph. See above for a bit of info. about me!
    Thanks! Clare x x x
  5. paulspud

paulspud Member

HI Clare,

Sent you a pm

6. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

Hi Clare, I sent you a pm yesterday. hope you got it!

7. Hi Clare,

You'd be welcome to come to Eccles Borough Band to see what you think.

We rehearse on a Tuesday and Thursday nights and are easily accessible using the Manchester Metrolink.

Alan G, the Trombone player from Amington has helped us out a couple of times and (I think) enjoyed the experience.

If you need any more info then PM me,

8. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

You'd be welcome at Barnton. Rehearshal at Little Leigh Village Hall. on a Tuesday night 8pm to 10 pm. Hope to see you