Euphonium lyres..

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Veri, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Veri

Veri Member

I wonder if anyone can help...

Discovered yesterday when I got to Remembrance day that I had lost half my lyre. Luckily it turned out that we weren't marching, and so I could play off a stand, but I'm due to go on a march on the 25th, and will need it then.

I've still got the clippy bit, just not the long stick bit.

Is it possible to buy just that (or has anyone got a spare one?!)

:rolleyes:

I want to avoid buying a new lyre as I seem to remember they're rather pricey.. :frown:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    COLOR
    long stick bit
    Remembrance day
    Euphonium lyres
    new lyre
  3. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

anyone solved the prestige/no lyre problem yet?

4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I just use a Flute lyre for my Prestige, it just clamps onto the Euph- i'm sure they're probably around on the internet, not very expensive- hope that helps ;)
    Think the new model Prestige's may have lyre holders, but don't hold me to that!

5. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Already using a mod'd flute lyre. Pants!

6. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Try JPBrass, theyve got a selection of lyres here, £3 shouldnt be too pricey I wouldnt think....!!!

7. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Ooh explain?? Only flute lyre I've seen is the wrist strap one. At the moment I have to borrow another instrument to march, wouldbe great to solve that problem!!

8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

9. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Ah right so where do you clamp it onto on your instrument?

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Any of the tubing on the front of the instrument :) I just clamp it to wherever it ends up in my line of sight and hope for the best! :D Thing is I always worry about damaging the tubing, so I never really clamp it on excessively tight, but it seems to do it's job ;)

11. Veri

Veri Member

Thanks - that is fab! are they easy to bend? (I am a weak and weedy female!!) :oops:

I can't believe that I paid about £20 for a bent one last time!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    COLOR
    long stick bit
    Remembrance day
    Euphonium lyres
    new lyre
  13. llewellynd

llewellynd Member

They are quite easy to bend but dont do it whilst attached to the instrument :-?

14. Veri

Veri Member

How do you get them to the required angle then???

15. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I bent the ones I needed in the vice in my workshop, but I dont suppose you'll have a vice handy! Either go to your local car garage, or if you want to be rough, you could stick in between the door and the frame to clamp it that way and bend it.