Euphonium looking - Hudds area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by aimee_euph, Sep 1, 2005.

1. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Hey :)

I'm coming to Huddersfield uni later in the month, and am looking for a nice band to join in the area.

I'm willing to travel nearer to Leeds but i would need a lift to and from band in that case!

I'm of Grade 8 Standard but i suppose that doesnt matter. I'm looking for more of a higher section band, ie - 2nd and upwards.

Hope to hear from someone!
  2. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Aimee! I'm afraid Hade Edge don't have a vacancy, but can I just say a big "nice one" for coming to Hudds uni! All us brass players there are top-notch people, you'll have a great time ...

One reminder, Sept 19th, music dept pub crawl, always a popular event for starting freshers week and getting to know your fellow music students! ;)

OK, sorry mods for hi-jacking this thread
  3. jonford

jonford Member

I may be wrong here, but Aimee didn't say she was studying music ;)
  4. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Actually you're right, but I'm sure she's mentioned she wanted to study music before, that's why I assumed.
  5. were looking for a euph player for after the finals! lifts could be arainged, only 20mins ish from huddersfield 1st section next year (areas test piece has a wikid euph part) pm me for more infomation ,

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Good luck finding a band Aimee, why don't you also see if you can play with the uni band? I know your not doing music but they might let you.
  7. gaz

gaz New Member

stocksbridge need a solo euph
  8. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

sorry to pee on your bonfire.....but i'm not studying music and i've never ever ever wanted to!!!!!! mainly due to my idiot of a music teacher :mad:

anyways thanks for all the replies, i'm gonna go through 'em all tomorrow!
  9. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Ah fair enough, I made a mistake. Good luck studying whatever your studying. ;)
  10. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Hi there, you may or may not be fixed up, but just in case, we (knottingley silver) require a 1st bari.(although i realise you are a euph player)

We are a quality 1st section band and have quite a few players that travel from huddersfield so i am sure a lift wouldnt be a prob.

Message me if your interested!
  11. paddo

paddo Member

Just comfirming Martin's repsonce................. didn't know he could use one of these!!

Yes, we are in need of a 1st baritone player and many of our players live in and around huddersfield. Friendly and enjoy a good laugh.

You can either PM Martin or Myself or call me on 07966 503549 in stricktest confidence.

12. saz

saz New Member

Hey Aimee dunno if your fixed up yet but were on the look out for a solo euph at Stalybridge. We are 1st section and currently rehearse on Tuesdays at 8. Getting a lift shouldn't be a problem and if not we are right next to the train station. If your interested give our secretary Audrey a bell on 07967857147 or you can get hold of me (Sarah) on 07950918412
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Isn't MadandCrazyTromboneGuy looking for new players for his new band by there?
  14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i'm still not sure if im going to join a band as i have loads of work to do at the mo! Anyone know anything about Russia from 1900?!

Thankyou though, everyone's been really nice :)
  15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Our resident historian The Cornet King may be able to help you there! Not sure if he covered Russia during his degree but he's got a history degree so it's a start and worth a try!

P.s....Don't waste the talent...join a band and give yourself a diversion from the coursework...everybody needs a release valve and what better way than knocking about with a load of musical drunks?? :rolleyes: :biggrin:
  16. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

As Crawford has already said, as tMP's Historian in residence i can probably help you out there! :p
    I've studied various aspects of Russian society/foreign relations/communism and its various guises etc 1860 to near enough present day as part of my degree so give me a PM or an idea of what exact aspect your researching and i'll happily be of assistance. Or you can add me on MSN messenger if thats easier. Its not like i dont have a bit of spare time on my hands so i'm always happy to help :biggrin:

I definately recommend joining a band too, it helps take your mind of work and you can easily spare the time for band and work, i did it no problem...go on, you know you want to!
  17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Or in my case...drunks. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sorry guys, love ya all really. Except Manx...the thieving scouse git. :tup :biggrin:
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  18. Jen

Jen New Member

:sup Getting personal now Crawf!!
  19. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I only drink Coke with lemon.... and Sushi.
  20. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

That might quite possibly explain where my bow tie vanished to the day of the Malton Contest... :eek: