Euphonium grime gutter wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Basstiger, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Hi all,
    Anyone got a metal grime gutter they are willing to sell? To fit a 1984 Imperial euph. I can’t find one anywhere.
    I’ve looked at the plastic Bach or Jo-Ral alternatives and they are not what I want.

Thanks in advance

2. Hsop

Hsop Member

3. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I guess not, they’re pretty much a universal fit I should have thought. I’ve seen that, but they’re out of stock. The only other one I have seen is a Besson one which costs £55 (eek)

4. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

Try a strip of sponge wedged up under the valves, it soaks up the drips and doesn't vibrate or make a noise if it drops out.
    Wash out after use it can be reused as long as it lasts, Comes in various colours and costs a mere trifle.
    Cheers

5. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

The other solution Ive seen was one devised by a Kiwi called Trent Hamilton for his Bb bass. He took a strip of plastic tube - similar to those used in wine making/syphoning and drilling holes in it, blocking off one end, and leaving the other to drain away to the floor (although you could seal up both ends). Sponge will block off the holes in the bottom of the valve, and possibly alter the handling of the instrument

Basstiger likes this.
  6. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

You have to leave a small gap between holes and sponge and I do use it on a Bb Bass so it might be different on a Euph.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice