Euphonium gig bags

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by LittleEuph, Dec 1, 2010.

1. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Does anyone have any experience of using a Tom and Will Euphonium gig bag? If so, are they well padded? Do they give good protection for the instrument?

Thanks all.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi Shelley,

I don't have any experience of the Euphonium bag, but I've been using the Tuba one for about 15 months without too many problems (other than the back pack straps; but I haven't seen a Tuba bag yet that has cured that problem!) :D

The padding is more than adequate for use when carting the instrument about: in and out of cars, on and off buses when going to band, etc.
    I wouldn't put my Tuba in it when going away with the band on a coach, however! Hard case only for that! I've seen instruments flattened in those circumstances!

Hope this helps,

Darryl

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. agentorange

agentorange Member

Been using one for just less than two years now. The only problem I had was a dodgy zip which broke after a few weeks use, but they exchanged the bag free of charge with no issues - the new one's been fine.

The amount of padding is good, more than adequate for every day use. Mine goes in the boot of the car with no problems but i wouldn't risk it in the boot of a coach.

There are probably better bags on the market, but for the money (£70ish?) you can't really go wrong. Mines been used and abused regularly and showing no signs of wear.

5. catto09

catto09 Member

I have one. It does the job, good protection - I've had it in the back of a coach...got squashed inbetween two tubas and came out dent free (wouldn't do it again though).
    However, it's poorly made. The stiching on the straps have come undone, someone I know has a hole in theirs, and someone else now essentially has two gig bags because the foam from the inside came out of it within a week

When I buy my new euph, it'll be either a reunion blues or a Cronkhite.

6. We sell loads of Vincent Bach ones - I used their economy bag, when I had a Prestige - and I had no problems at all. Really good value too!

7. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Thanks all for your responses.

I only plan to give the bag quite light usage- carolling jobs, or when I will have a relatively long walk or journey between my car and the concert or contest- so it sounds like it will be fine. Anything involving the hold of a coach will see it back in its case!

thanks again