Euphonium Gig bag..........any recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Basstiger, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I have a 1984 B&H Imperial Euphonium that I have in a new model Tom &Will gigbag. It’s fine, but what do people think are better ones? I have no hard case for it as it came without. I walk to band practice (about 10 minutes) so a gig bag is ideal.
    I have looked at the Fusion bags but are they worth the money?
    I have a Gig gigbag for my bass trombone which is excellent but they are not made any more.
    Your thoughts please.

2. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

I use gig-bags but as the protection they offer is poor to (at best) moderate I don’t particularly like them. However hard cases cost a fortune to replace - if you can find one at all - and they can be very heavy too. If I have a choice then I prefer those gig bags that have shoulder straps to carry the instrument (in) like a ruck-sack, sometimes the (out of use) straps can be concealed in special zipped pockets and that’s a nice feature.

Good luck with the search, it will be interesting to hear what people say too.

3. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

A strap is only as good as it's fastening's, cheap alloy clips etc. give way under pressure. I used strong plastic ties on my BBb bag, unsightly but safer.

4. pbirch

pbirch Active Member

Wessex tubas offer one for £90, one of our players has one and he seems happy enough with it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice