Euphonium David Childs & Steve Mead Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Graeme Euphonium, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Graeme Euphonium

Graeme Euphonium New Member

Hi, I have a SM4U a SM 4x and a SM3U mouthpiece I have found the SM3U a bit too big for me and recently when I tried a DC3 I found it more comfortable than the SM4U mouthpiece but it "felt" similar in size. I have heard that the DC2 although more in line with the size of an SM3 feels smaller on the face. Have any Euphonium players experience they can share. I did have a DC2 on order but the supplier has Informed me that there is a delay on them at the moment so I have cancelled and may try and obtain a second hand mouthpiece, If you have on for sale PM me please. By the way I find the inner rim on the SM4x a little sharp. Comments and Advice Please.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David Childs
    Steve Mead Mouthpieces Hi
    SM
    SM3U
    SM4U
  3. DutchEupho

DutchEupho New Member

The Alliance DC mouthpieces do run a size bigger than the Wick equivalents. So Alliance 2 = Wick 3, Alliance 3 = Wick 4 and so on. If you feel that the SM3 is a bit too big and a SM4 feels to small then the DC2 is worth the try…. In fact in my opinion the DC2 compares the best to the SM3.5. Check www.dwerden.com for more opinions or advise.