Euphonium & Cornets

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Territorial, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Territorial

Territorial New Member

We are the South Notts Hussars Band based at Bulwell, Nottingham and are looking to strengthen our Cornet section so that it will allow us to reshuffle other sections in the band.
    We are looking for one front row and one back row cornet player.
    We also need to get some competant cover for our Euphonium section as both of our Euph players have iregular work schedules. We are not a contesting band so numbers do not matter to us, we could easily cope with three Euph players and the extra cornets are always a bonus. It might mean the purchase of new instruments, but why worry, I can live with that. Why not contact me, you have nothing to lose.
    We practice every wednesday at 7.30pm in our purpose built practice room at the T.A. centre in Bulwell, Nottingham.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And you band is...who?? And do we assume the band is based in Nottingham?? What nights do you rehearse??

You'll probably find a better response to your ad if you reveal some basic details of the band you're wanting to recruit people in to. ;)
  3. Territorial

Territorial New Member

Want to come along? We're the South Notts Hussars. Now a civilian band, we meet on Wednesday evenings at Bulwell TA Centre, near Nottingham.
  4. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

2nd Man, which part of the above do you not understand?

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You'll no doubt have noticed from the quote in 2MD's post, and the fact the original post was edited, that it didn't contain that information to start with! :rolleyes:
  6. dikkezeug

dikkezeug New Member

I didn't know there was a band in Bullwell? Rceently been there as I bought a motorcycle off the TA Transport manager and housekeeper there. I think his name is Steve and lives on the site.

7. Territorial

Territorial New Member

I didn't know he sold motorcycles... Why not come and join us. What do you play?
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Just like DaveR said, I didn't understand all the bits that were only edited in to the original post after I'd pointed out they were missing...spookily enough, all the bits you underlined in your post. ;)