Euphonium Available - North Wales

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Euphgit, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Euphgit

Euphgit Member

I'm moving to Bangor in September to study at Bangor Uni. I'd like to find a band to play with while I'm there!

I have a car so can travel a reasonable distance but the closer the better.

Ideally looking for something in Championship or 1st Section, would consider lower sections though for a friendly band

2. stopher

stopher Member

Menai bridge are the closest to the Uni (less than 2 miles from Ffriddoedd site halls to the Bandroom) and rehearse on Mondays and Friday nights and lifts available (usually me as the halls are on my way to band). section 4 but very friendly and a good variety of gigs through the year (plus I'm the MD!) quite a few student s from th uni join us so you won't be on your own.

Beaumaris Band rehearse on Tuesday's and Thursday's and are around 6 miles away. in a state of transition at the moment but a good strong band.

Deiniolen band - national finalists this year in section 2. Not sure when they rehearse but only a few miles away from Bangor right up in the mountains! Best contact Dyl on here for more details

Llanrug band - section 1 and current North Wales champions. Think they rehearse on Sunday evenings only and have a very talented and hard working MD in Paul Hughes ( that's another beer he owes me!)

3. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

I'd personally go to Deiniolen myself ;) Nice bunch of people, quality players and a few members travelling from Bangor way. They're always consistent in the 2nd section and always surprise when they play against bands that should be a section (or two!) above them. I think they already have a horn player from Manchester (she travels from Bangor as well.) Not sure if Dyl is the best to contact these days - would be worth tweeting them or message them on Facebook.

4. This lad is a cracking player and a good lad too. Get him signed up!

5. Euphgit

Euphgit Member

Cheers for the replies everyone! I'll be moving over at the end of the month so I'll make some enquiries round then.