Euph Player looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by euph1991, Sep 19, 2009.

1. euph1991

euph1991 Member

Hi all,
    I'm starting at huddersfield uni next week and as I'm moving up there I've unfortunately had to leave my band (Tyldesley, 1st section). I was solo euph there for about 18 months and 2nd euph for 12 months before that.
    Ideally I would like to join either a championship band (on 2nd euph), or a 1st section band (on either 2nd or solo). However, I would be interested in an ambitious 2nd section band on a solo euph seat.

2. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

Hi phil
    you are more than welcome to come to grange moor band 5 mile out of hudds our 2nd euph player is off sick at the moment but we are in need of a good player,our conductor is mike howley principle euph player for brighouse we reherse on sun 7/9 wed 8/10
    thanks phil goodall Bb bass gmbb
  3. philkershaw

philkershaw Member

The Yorkshire Regiment TA Band is situated next door to the Uni, earn some moneywhilst you study!
  4. samandy

samandy Member

Elland Silver Band

Hi Phil

Elland Silver Band are a second section band near Huddersfield. We are currently on the look out for either a solo / 2nd euph player. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays in Elland which is on a bus route from Huddersfield Town Centre. Jim Shepherd is currently conducting the band.

We have been approached by another student coming to Huddersfield Uni, so there is potential for you to buddy up and travel together. We can also organise some lifts with players travelling from Huddersfield.

If you would like to come along to rehearsal and meet us all, you would be most welcome. Please feel free to either pm me or get in touch on 07940 525837.

Sam Harrison
  5. bob7euph

bob7euph New Member

highly recommend the lads in grangemoor just dont drinking with tall paul
  6. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Band are looking for a tuti euph please see our web site for tours and gigs.

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

I think thats the best advice Ive ever seen on this forum!!

FATNBALD Member

Sorry i totally disagree, i can't think of anybody else i'd rather go drinking with, just don't try and keep up:guiness:guiness:guiness
  9. euph1991

euph1991 Member

I would like to thank everybody who has shown interest in me coming to their band (I was quite surprised really at how many good bands got in touch), but I have now found a band in the local area and accepted their offer of a seat. However if anyone is stuck for a solo or second euph for a concert, please feel free to call or text me on 07500873496 and I will happily help you out if I am free :)
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on finding a seat. Who did you end up joining? :p
  11. euph1991

euph1991 Member

I've accepted a seat offer from yorkshire co-op band, conducted by Simon Kerwin.