Euph looking for a new band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by TraceyN, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Hi moved to Chatteris about 5months ago and have just left my old Brass Band 'The Melton Band' as the driving 1hr 30mins each way was getting to much for me.

I still wish to play in a brass band as i enjoy it all. I will need a band with a spare instrument as i had to leave my New Euph behind when i left.

I used to play with a 4th Section band who had just re -started to contest again. To be honest i am not to fussed about contests but would be happy to go for the band. I enjoy contests but just lack the confidence some times but i always give 110% to my playing.

I also used to play E Flat Bass,Trombone & Baritone. So been round the band abit ;)
  2. 010102

010102 Member

There's a non-contesting band in Chatteris itself, and I think they have just lost their solo euph? They've got a website if you google it, can't remember the address :)
  3. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Oh right, i have looked at their site and been e mailing their Trombone player and she said they were ok for Euphs at the min. :-?

I will e mail her see what she say's i think.

Thank you for the reply :)
  4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I wouldn't take the contents of their website too seriously! I don't think it's been updated for a while.
  5. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Oh right ok, thank you

I have heard off some more bands i could try. I will give them a try in the new year. I will need a band that also has a spare instrument as i had to hand mine back when i left.
  6. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Where is Chatteris?
  7. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Its Cambridgeshire. About 20mins from Ely

8. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

As far as instruments are concerned, probably Somersham is your best bet. I think that they only have 1 euph player at the moment, but I know that they have at least 3 good instruments. PM me for the contact details.
  9. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Ok thank you very much for your help.

Keep the ideas coming please
  10. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Cheers for the reply - sorry for the lack of help i will be able to give you! :-D
  11. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

Thank you for the reply.

Its ok i will get a band sorted as i like playing in Brass Band. I'll see where i go from here
  12. TraceyN

TraceyN New Member

What sort of band are Somersham?

I'm only used to playing in a 4th Section band. I want to get this right from the start so i pick a band i am happy with, so i don't lose interest like i did with my old band. I lot interest with my old band cause i moved away and 1hr 30mins drive each way got far to much. So i would like a band that i don't have to far to drive too but where i can also improve on my playing and confidence

13. Owen S

Owen S Member

Somersham are a 4th section band. Their website is here: Link
  14. -x-Sazzle-x-

-x-Sazzle-x- New Member

New Band

Where eva you go Tracey you know you have your friends at The Melton.

Missing you!!