Euph lessons

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eirian, Jan 2, 2005.

1. eirian

eirian New Member

Hi
    Hope someone out there can help me.
    I am looking for someone who teaches the euph in the west yorkshire area. (new to the area)
    I am getting back into it after a ten year break and just need someone to give me the shove in the right direction with regards to my playing and confidence.
    If you know of any brave souls willing to help me with that task it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Eirian

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    euph
    someone
    break
    direction
  3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Just try contacting your nearest band. The majority do give lessons and most are pleased to teach adults as well as Children. Our junior section has 3 adults at the moment. They all brought their kids to learn and ended up having a go themselves

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Being new to the area, check out www.ibew.co.uk for the bands in your local area :) or I'm sure people on here will post up people they know who can help you... plenty of tmper's from your way...

Maybe joining a 4th or 3rd section band will give you a lot of confidence in you and your playing... that's my advise... so worth checking out the vacancies.... check out sites like www.4barsrest.com , and tmp's very own recruitment corner :)

Al the best :-D

5. lister89

lister89 Member

I agree with Naruco (apart from her hate with pink!), get into a lower section band on 2nd euph... I've found in the past, the best teacher is the person your sat next to on euph :)

6. lister89

lister89 Member

One small question, what were you doing up at that time?!? 5.15?!? Didn't know it existed!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Thats cos your a lazy sod ;) :-D

8. eirian

eirian New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    Was up at a silly hour of the day cos working nights at the mo' and had a quiet spell so playing on line and discovered this site.
    Had thought about joining a local band but worried that as of feb my shifts are going to be up the spout and may not be able to commit to rehersal time. (working as a doctor) which is why looking for a teacher really. on that note my bleep has gone and must dash thanks again.
    Eirian

9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Try a non contesting band. They are usually a bit more flexible about rehersals ect.

10. lister89

lister89 Member

True but 5.15?!?! Still in shock!

11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'm sure 4th and 3rd section bands wouldn't mind you just going down for a blow every now and again without commiting yourself...... All bands know that their players have a life and job, so would just be happy to see a new face coming over to have a bit of fun (which is what it's all about, isnt it :) )

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    euph
    someone
    break
    direction
  13. Euphonium Lessons

Hi mate...

I've sent you a PM about this.

Cheers,
    Owen

14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Already pm'd you about this but what the heck, may as well post a message on here too.

Emley Band, Very friendly, not bad as 4th section bands go (hoping to be 3rd section again in the not too distant future).

If it was you that came on Monday then Hi again, was nice to have you there, hope we see you again...if it wasn't..Hello, you'll be made more than welcome if you'd like to come for a blow and pm me if you'd like some directions.

I'm pretty sure it was you tho...the coincidences would be just too amazing for it not to have been!! :-D

15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

And if you go on their website you can see some lovely pics of 2MD and one not so lovely one...

16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*Oops/blush/shame... etc!!*