euph for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by lister89, Oct 11, 2004.

1. lister89

lister89 Member

Ex-military euph for sale, any interest please pm me.
    Boosey & Hawkes Imperial 25 yr old (aprox)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Boosey & Hawkes
    sale
    Hawkes Imperial
    yr old
    military euph
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

I thought B&H had stopped making Imperials before 1979, particularly with that style of engraving ?
    (Does it have the look of being "converted from high pitch" too - I can't remember how Imperials that have been converted look. If so that would put it from the 1960's or earlier?)

You could look how old it really is at:

Boosey and Hawkes Serial Numbers

Good luck with selling it anyway - looks like its in nice condition...

(Sorry, I don't want another euph - just looked my own Sovereign up and it was made in 1975!)

Neil.

4. lister89

lister89 Member

Just got the serial number off the owner and turns out its made in 1955 but its in very good condition!

Lizzie

5. TomG

TomG New Member

Hi there,

it is my euph that is for sale above, and yes, it has been converted from high pitch, it's been a long time since I've been into this sort of thing so I'm a little rusty on the terms but I know that one is certain!

It has a wooden case with it, a Dennis Wick mouthpiece and I will aim to provide any more details if people would like. I can't think of any more off the top of my head right now, but please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Tom :)

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If the instrument was originally high-pitch, then it must date before 1963. Boosey & Hawkes and other leading brass instrument manufacturers dropped high pitched instruments from the catalogues at that point. :-?

7. TomG

TomG New Member

8. TomG

TomG New Member

This is still available people :)