Euph duets

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by euphfanhan, Dec 22, 2004.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Can anyone recommend a euph duet that comes with a piano accomp? I know this is a bit vague (!) but I have no experience of any euph duets at all, other than romance and pearl fishers. i would prefer something melodious rather than technically challenging to show off the euph sound. Any ideas???

2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I believe that the SA has at least one "Instrumental Album" with a number of euph duets with piano (not at home right now so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure I have one in my library). I don't know if these are still available - check on www.worldofbrass.com. You might also try searching Just Brass and other music publishing sites - start with the ones that advertise on tMP!

3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Thanks for that, but I already checked quite a few sites, the main problem is I don't know if they are any good! I know that I won't have the same taste in pieces as everyone else, but is there any particalur piece that goes down well in general?

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Alan Catherall's arrangement of "Softly as I leave you" always goes down well with an audience.

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Softly as I leave you is a belter....there are a couple of Childs Brothers duet books available from Rosehill...
    they have Calon Lan arr eric ball , softly as I leave you etc...
    well worth a look at.
    :D

6. lister89

lister89 Member

Softly as I leave you, Deep inside the sacred Temple and Perhaps love all do i think

7. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Do Rosehill have a website? I've been looking for a while but can't find one.

8. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Winwood Music (formerly Rosehill Music)

Winwood Music

Our website is currently under construction.

To place an order or make enquiries please
    phone, fax, email or write to us at the address below.

New Publications!

We have some fabulous new publications out now including:

Symphony for Wind Orchestra - Montage by Peter Graham

Contact us for full details!

How To Contact Us

Winwood Music
    Unit 7, Fieldside Farm
    Quainton
    Bucks.
    HP22 4DQ
    England

Tel: 00 44 (0)1296 655777
    Fax: 00 44 (0) 1296 655778
    Email: sales@winwoodmusic.com

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

ditto

10. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

ah...Rosehill not existing any more could have had something to do with it then! Thanks for the info.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    euph duet
    duets
    Euph
    anyone
    bit
  12. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Rosehill's catalogue still exists -- they've simply changed their operating name to Winwood, probably because they are no longer tied to Rosehill Instruments.