Euph/bari available - will play for jaffa cakes

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy_Euph, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi all,

I'm returing to Salford to start my 2nd year in a couple of weeks and i'm on the look out for a band.

I currently play euph for a 1st section band in the North East and i'm looking for a euphoium place but i'd be willing to play baritone. Preferably I'm looking for a 1st or 2nd section band, although I have experience playing in one form or another at all levels.

Travelling is the only main issue as I don't drive, so would probably need a lift.

Andy

2. Heather

Heather Member

Eagley Band are definately looking for a euph. They are 2nd section and based in Bolton. They are conducted by Mark Wilkinson.
    If you're interested send me a PM and I'll pass you onto their secretary...otherwise details will be on their website. Cheers!

3. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

I wouldn't need to play for Jaffa Cakes....would eat them anyway!

Blackburn are a good band and need a 2nd euph...not sure if you'd be able to get there though..

Parr need a 2nd euph but that's in St Helens and would be near impossible to get to...unless someone went to Salford.

Good Luck mate :)

4. dont know without asking him but you wouldnt go wrong asking about blackley band, they are a reforming band and adie smith has done a great job so far gettin players into the band again, he took over the band who had about 8 or 9, but he's since then attracted almost a dozen more players, maybe more im not sure, but they are a great bunch, very friendly and very keen with the music aswell, i went down to conduct them for a rehearsal before adie got the position and i really enjoyed it.

adie's email addy is adiesmith@hotmail.com

good luck with findin a band

CliVE!

5. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Vacancy

Andy,
    The Glossop Old Band could juggle our team around for the right player, although it would most likely be on Solo Bari.
    I live in Manchester, as do a couple of others , so you would get a lift.
    Give me a ring on 07930 675206
    or e-mail me at tubaloopy@hotmail.com
    We have just been relegated from champ section as we decided to do a brassed off show the week prior to last years area but we have some class players around the stand and only need 1 or 2 to fill up.
    Cheers
    Jon Davies

6. timdin

timdin New Member

Timperley have just recently reformed with some ex Faireys, Grimethorpe, Black dyke and YBS players.

At the moment we are looking for a good 2nd Euph or 2nd Bari.

If youre looking for a band with great personel and always up for a good crack then please get in touch. A lift should not be a problem.

Either reply to this or contact me on 07967361889.

Until January (when the contest season kicks in) we are rehearsing one night a week (Wednesday). If you are interested it would be great if you could get down this Wednesday 28th.

Cheers,

Tim D.

7. saz

saz New Member

Stalybridge have a euph position free, there are players coming in from salford so we would be able to supply transport if needed. We are in the first section and always on the look out for committed players who are also up for a laugh. If your interested pm or phone 07950918412