Escaped trombonist looking in..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by blessing_in_disguise, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Many thanks to the mods for approving my account.

I stopped playing many years ago having started at around 12 with Dearham and then Flimby Silver Sax under Parker Wilkinson and the Cumbria Youth Brass Band under Richard Evans.

Having spent yesterday evening searching the forum it seems quite a number of those I played with have continued to move onwards and upwards in the brass world, names I've recognised from those days are Denis and Peter Hadfield, Ian Porthouse, Steve Tighe, Duncan Byers and several others including Colin Hoodless who I'm still in touch with via Facebook.

I was also saddened to read of the death of Tony Hadfield, a constant presence at everything the band did and usually to be found sharing the radiator with my Dad at Band practice nights.

Sadly I shared neither the talent or the dedication of the above named, though I enjoyed my time playing immensely, which to me is what's important. Jobs, new interests, marriage, kids etc took over and I haven't picked up my old trombone in years now. One day maybe.

Rich