Errrrr what to say?!?!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rossy67, Feb 13, 2006.

1. rossy67

rossy67 Member

Well Hello....as you can see im new to tmp, but liking what ive seen so far, have received a warm welcome. I have been banding since the age of 7.....thats errr well hmm...too many years to mention, i have been out of banding for a few yrs now to concentrate on bringing up my son etc but have never lost the passion for brass bands. I used to play prinicpal cornet for many yrs with my local town band have also been known to play flugal and tenor horn, as well as clarinet. I am now thinking it is time for me to get back into playing, hence my reason for being here so i can gain some motivation to go find me another band to play with :)

The worry is will they want me when i get there!!!! hehe :)

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Great to see you on here Ros... :hi

Glad you are liking what you see so far too. If you are looking to get back into banding can I make a suggestion? You might like to come along to the tMP Whits event. We get a great bunch of 'never met before' people together (though having done this event for the last 3 yrs this should read "maybe have net before people"') and take part in the excellent event that is the Whit Friday marches. We have had real super fun in previous years, and it would not only provide you with an opportunity to recommence your playing, but you'd also meet up with some fantastic fellow tMP'ers...

Go on... at least think about it.:)

3. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

Welcome aboard Rossy67. I'm new, if it helps, and I'm lovin it on here! enjoy and get back into banding!!! who knows.. "Son of Rossy" could follow in footsteps!

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to tMP!

:hi

5. rossy67

rossy67 Member

hmmmm am i brave enough?! Whit Friday Marches has always been something i would have loved to be involved in...however i havent played for 8 yrs think i would definitley need to get some serious practice in before i did that!! :) but some serious consideration needed :)...Thanks for the suggestion

6. rossy67

rossy67 Member

Son of Rossy is 10 and up to this point has been giving me some serious resistance to banding!!!! however i took him to see Aveley & Newham and Enfield Citadel Band on Saturday....and im pleased to say it seems to have weakened his resistance!!! so he was either humouring me or he could be swayed...so some serious work needed from mum and also nanny who has been banding all her life :)