Entertainment winner!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by adrian90s, Dec 12, 2007.

1. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Does anyone know a great showstopper slow melody for a new year entertainment contest (?). A great melody with a dynamic ending needed.

Adrian :clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    entertainment contest
    showstopper
    anyone
    ending
    melody
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If it's accompanied by band, how about Ray Farr's arrangement of Be My Love (Nicholas Brodszky/Sammy Cahn)?

4. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Life Divine is a good one, but probably a bit too long for an entertainment contest.

5. flugelman

flugelman Member

Catskills- a great slow band piece with a fab ending. Cant remember who arranged or published though! Helpful or what!!!

6. Bunnymonster

Bunnymonster Member

Hine e Hine Arranged by Peter Graham. Really beautiful slow melody that builds and builds. About 3 & 1/2 mins I think. Or I'll Walk with God, but thats a bit longer - really moving though!

7. Masterblaster jnr

Thought of another, The Lost Chord (the one with the title in bubble writing) Black Dyke and Yorkshire Youth Band Finished With it at the Huddersfield Town Hall concert. Slow throughout. Quiet to start, tune on cornet, builds then dies again, then horn and flugel duet, builds to ff, then most of the band have the tune at fff.

8. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Be My Love is superb - great recommendation

9. Masterblaster jnr

it seems Brodszky has written a couple of good ones then, Be My Love and I'll Walk Wih God

10. mark_euph

mark_euph Member

Endearing Young Charms... Beautiful melody with some decoration too for the soloist!

11. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Praise My Soul: No idea who wrote it or where you can get it, but it is a good one!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    entertainment contest
    showstopper
    anyone
    ending
    melody
  13. David Mann

David Mann Member

A Fanfare of Praise (Robert Redhead) - 3 treatments of "Ascalon": quiet, louder then loud and rhythmical.

14. Masterblaster jnr

Somewhere from West Side Story

15. Masterblaster jnr

I'd say that's a good concert piece, but i wouldn't use it as a finisher.

16. jim

jim Member

McCarthur Park arr Cathrall the Grimethopre version great to play and listen to can you actully by it??

17. AEHOWGATE

AEHOWGATE Member

How about Reunion & Finale from 'Gettysburg'?

18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- cheers! Am I wrong that adrian90s, being a euph player, was asking for a solo to play with band?

19. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Catskills is the middle movement of a suite called East Coast Pictures. I think it was originally written for Wind Band by Nigel Hess, and is arranged for Brass Band by Phillip Littlemore. I don't know who the publisher is, but it is available off Just Music, and Leyland recorded a CD with the whole suite on a while ago.

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Fabers, I should imagine.

21. Bunnymonster

Bunnymonster Member

In my experience, bands and conductors love playing this; but it doesn't always go down well with the audience.:dunno