Entertainment Ideas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lisa, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

Our band is going to Germany in a couple of weeks and we want to do something fun and entertaining whilst there. So far we are thinking about playing something like 'groundforce' on hosepipes and watering cans and bangy, bottletop sticks and dressing up in garden stuff...
    Has anyone got any other fun suggestions or does anyone know any other pieces we could play on hosepipes or can anyone think of any other cool made-up instruments we could play?:D
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Come to one of our concerts and you will see what we do.We have the best conductor fot entertainment DAVID 'SUPER'HUTCHINSON.:-D

3. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

I did a concert once where the principal cornet player did Post Horn Gallop, but did it on different things, such as hosepipe and a kettle. If you've got someone who can pull off the humour then it'll go down a treat.
  4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I have heard of Alpine echoes being played on a converted Toilet. Get a length of tubing and a reasonable plumber job done.
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

• Goff Richards version of I Will Follow Him; get ya trombone section to dress up as nuns ;)
    • Hornpipe Humouresque is a good comedy act if you do the right things...
    • Danny Boy wearing the miners hats
    • Lotsa of swaying ;)
    • Muppets
    • etc
    • etc
    I shall have a think about some more things I've seen/done

:-D ;)
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

please excuse while I cringe uncontrollably...
  7. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Padstow Lifeboat, and Florentiner March with the trombones (or bottom end in the latter) standing up when their moment comes (you'll know where I mean if you know the pieces!)
  8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

why does "entertainment" automatically seem to mean dressing up in bizzare costumes? Surely we can come up with something else at this stage...