Ensembles & Duet Studies for Eb Cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by pagliacci, Jun 18, 2009.

1. pagliacci

pagliacci Member

Can anyone help with either:

1. Quartet or other brass ensemble suggestions that have a part specifically for Eb trumpet or cornet?

2. A duet study book (as opposed to a concert duet) that is written for Eb & Bb instrument (i.e. suitable for Bb and Eb cornet to play together) along the lines of the Voxman Selected Duet books?

Or do I just have to put the soprano away and get the Bb cornet out of its case?

Thanks,

2. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Mike Davis quartet for brass comes with Eb Cornet Part
    There is a Dennis Wright (I think) octet with Sop, Cornet, Flug, Horn, Bari,Euph,Trom,Bass which is quite good too.

There are plenty of Eb / D / Piccolo Trumpet concertos / double concertos that would also be suitable.

3. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

As mentioned (off line) Howard Snell's arrangement of Boyce Symphony No. 4 has an Eb Cornet part - it's a ten part arrangement and you can buy it with Brass Band instrumentation.

Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 (arr. Chris Mowat) also has an Eb part but it's quite a difficult piece to play and the trom parts are in tenor and bass clef.

I've got an arrangement of Grieg's Funeral March for 10 part which has an Eb Trumpet part as well.

4. pagliacci

pagliacci Member

Have just been on Just Music and searched, the Mike Davis is called "Suite for Brass Quartet" and the Wright Octet is called "Miniature Suite" and as you say has a sop part.

Thanks to you and Tam O Shanter for the suggestions, much appreciated.