Ensemble Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WhatSharp?, Feb 10, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Does anyone know if there is an ensemble arrangement of Music From the Royal Fireworks (pref. for 10 piece with a sop :D ).

Also any other recommendations for ensemble music?

btw : Perhaps there ought to be a "Music Search" section for people trying to find music?

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just Music (Scotland) have six different arrangements of this. I'm sure they'd have something to suit.

http://www.justmusicuk.com/

:wink:

3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Thanks Roger, I'll give them a bell.

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Only ensemble version that springs to mind (other than a couple of quintet arrangements) is Elgar Howarth's version for the PJBE, published by Chester Music, but written for larger ensemble (5 tpts/cnts incl. picc., 4 horns, 4 trbs, tuba, timps/perc.). May well be hire only too. Maybe justmusic can be of more use as Roger says.

Regards

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Any other recommendations: What sort of music are you looking for? If you're staying with the baroque era, Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no. 3 (arr. Christopher Mowat, publ. Chester Music), and Brandenburg Concerto no. 6 (arr. Howard Snell; publ. Rakeway Music) spring to mind immediately. Neither of them are easy but worth the rehearsal. Is it a brass band 10 piece you're referring to or orchestral brass? (I guess brass band if you mention sop?), because some orchestral brass 10 piece stuff has alternate parts for Eb horn, Eb bass etc. but some don't. If you could narrow your criteria down a wee bit, I'll try to be a part 'Music search' facility! ;-)

Cheers