'Ensemble Doctor' Music Consultancy Services

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by dazzat1, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dazzat1

dazzat1 New Member

Calling all brass players around the world!
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Have you ever wondered why your ensemble doesn't sound quite right?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Do you notice things that are wrong, and wonder why they persist?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Would you like the answers to these questions and others?[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sand][FONT=verdana,geneva]Free Email Consultation When You Sign My GuestBook![/FONT] [/FONT]
    'Ensemble Doctor' Music Consultancy Services

2. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

I now need a dry pants doctor
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm with you on this Bob!! Is this an attempt for comedy post of the decade? How many great conductors and musicians frequent this site? I'm sure help and advice is only a free phone call away for anyone who wants to ask!

I wonder if Mr. Taylor gets any work?
  4. dazzat1

dazzat1 New Member

Thank you for your opinion.
  5. Blower

Blower Member

Really don't understand who would pay for such a service, would be interested to know who has and if it was worth it?
  6. HowarthBrass

HowarthBrass Member

Is this for real!!!

Just reminds me of Kenny Craig the 'Look into my eyes' Hypnotist from Little Britain. :eek:
  7. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Look at my hands, not at the beard, look at my hands.

Aaaaannnnnd............................................you're back in the 4th section.
  8. Kjata

Kjata Member

9. David Mann

David Mann Member

By the way, welcome to theMouthpiece. If you have a browse round you'll find (among other things) it's a self-help forum where much advice (be it useful or useless) is given for free. If you have a valuable commercial proposition it's a great place to get a referral from satisfied users..
  10. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  11. dazzat1

dazzat1 New Member

Hi all,
    Thank you for taking the time to give me feed back, it is very helpful. Negative feedback is always better than none at all.
    I am sorry that I did not formerly introduce myself, I have been busy providing music for The Royal Air Force, as well as auditioning new players for my band.

My band does not contest anymore, but as I have been reminded, they were in the 4th Section. I have only been taking them for 4 months, so it's early days. They are showing very destinctive and encouraging signs though, we have a good band in the making. Maybe the future Black Dyke Band!
    How fantastic would that be. If you watch some of my videos on Youtube, you will hear the same progress that I can hear.

I come in peace with the purpose of passing some of my knowledge on to others, its not a crime. I get hundreds of positive hits on my web site, thank you very much. I know there are many very eminent professors about, but I have much to offer to players that are learners, as well as to those that are advanced. I have taught many people that now sit in principle seats. People need advice on many subjects, and I'm here to fill the gap, if there is one. I take advice from the guru's myself if I need to, they are very forthcoming and honest. Good Stuff!

Thank you all again for your feed back, keep it coming.

'Ensemble Doctor' http://www.daryletaylor.com
  12. blue juice

blue juice Member

That seems to be the gist of it. One quote from the website made be laugh:

"One of my qualifications is a First Class Diploma in Psychology, which helps me to understand how people tick"
  13. An introduction might have been beneficial.
  14. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Just some feedback on your website if I may. Your 'Videos' page is really messy in my browser (Firefox). Everything is bunched together and creates a giant '>' shape across the page?

Lots of info though, it just needs a bit of tidying up. Did you create it yourself?
  15. GinGinnie

GinGinnie New Member

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sorry Daryle, all I see is someone profiteering out of our amateur movement. On the home page of your website you haven't even spelt "Rhythm" right!
  17. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

so no one else in our 'amateur' movement accepts any payment for services?

have you seen the 'payment for deps' debate?

does your/mine/or any other band pay their MD?

I don't know you or daryl and I am certainly not someone who could make any sort of judgement on anyones musical abilities.

Many people make a little money out of brass bands, a few make enough for a living - are you accusing all of them of profiteering?

If Daryl, or anyone else, can provide a service that some bands are happy to pay for, and feel they get value for money then why not?
  18. Blower

Blower Member

I don't think we should knock this guy completely, if he has mastered the art of reading people then it's quite possible that he could get more out of a group of people than they realise. Neuro Linguistic Programming or similar is an art form and if you get it right it can achieve more than talent alone! That said we've yet to hear from anyone who has had first had experience of Dr Daryle's methods...
  19. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

As a MD I get paid for my time in rehearsals, I've steered my band from 4th to 2nd section, and more importantly to us from 18 regulars to 30 strong team who all get along well and have similar aims, My small fee covers my fuel and maybe buys me a pint after band. I've also been known to ask for a fee as a Dep but I would hope anyone who I've played for would say I'm "cheap"! As I really do just want to cover my fuel usually.

I don't mean this to be personal attack on Daryle, I'm sure he's a perfectly sound musician, and probably a nice guy. But I see adverts like his, and there are a few other brass band "companies" around that appear to me to be trying to sell a service that is already there, and for free if you're willing to ask for advice. Maybe most conductors would be shy of asking for advice from someone, but feel better if they were paying, I don't know. It's just my personal hobby horse (one of, anyway).
  20. Blower

Blower Member

I think you're missing the point, getting a third party in who is capable of identifying 'person' problems within a group and then fixing those problems is nothing to do with musical ability. This alone Could make a huge difference.

It is a bit like most bands are poor at managing and exploiting PR!