Enormously Small Horrors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Following on from WWI's thread, what about the opposite feeling?
    The moment, when lying warmly in bed waiting for the alarm to go off, you realise it should have gone off half an hour ago and you are now desperately late for your wedding/court appearance/appraisal/beauticians appointment.
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Realising that when you have actually indeed done a crucial piece of homework or coursework, you then remember it is at home, 2 hours away on the printer! :cry:
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

When you're half way to the bus stop and it starts to rain. You know that if you go back you'll miss the bus, but if you don't go back your hair will go hideously curly/frizzy and you'll have to avoid people and probably as a result have a pointless shopping trip anyway.

When you look at your bank balance and it's a lot more negative than you thought it was.

You break something that's not yours.
  4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Leaving work after a long day, getting to your car, and realizing that the doors are locked and the keys are inside.
  5. andyp

andyp Active Member

Hitting a cracking top C on a concert, then realising with horror it was a beat early, right in the middle of a rest where no-one else was playing, and is now echoing around the church as if to say "HA-ha" in the manner of Nelson off the Simpsons. Then wishing for a trap door to open beneath you.
    Yes, it was me!
  6. andyp

andyp Active Member

The moment when you catch sight of yourself in a mirror at work and realise that when your Number 2 daughter gave you a hug this morning she left a snotty, yoghurty slick down the shoulder of your dark jacket........

Apparently there's a new word for these moments, theyre called "ohnoseconds"!
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

When you're walking around with either your skirt tucked in your pants/tights, your shirt buttoned up wrongly or pen/mark on you and nobody has told you about it all day!
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

When you need the loo, but you can't find one...
  9. rutty

rutty Active Member

Dropping your contact lense on the wet toilet floor of a filthy British Rail train (circa 1989) :(
  10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Changing the bin-bag in the in-cupboard kitchen bin, and it splits spewing assorted 3-day old kitchen **** all over the contents, and into the darkest recesses of the cupboard.:mad:
  11. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Pressing "delete" after selecting the wrong document and then stupidly hitting enter when it asks you to confirm......like I did today with the whole of Y9's reports :oops:
  12. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

getting in bed & realising the dog's been sick on it!
  13. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Oh, & really wanting a brew & there aren't any tea bags left
  14. rutty

rutty Active Member

Remembering that you should have picked up a new pack of toilet paper at a very inopportune moment :(
  15. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

... when you've travelled 300 miles and realised you left an important item at home.

(the number of times I've done that one!)
  16. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

...like the keys to your room. DOH!!!!
  17. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Oi! Thanks a lot for the paradigm thievery Bad Bird Badger.
    There's me, the epitome of hope, trying to infuse a little joy into the working day, and you come with your big ol' badger claws and tear it to shreds with cynical pessimism.

No wait...
    Fair do's......life's a bit **** in all honesty!

So, things that are sent to try us...?

What about those rogue SAS-style coffee granules that sneak onto your sugar spoon and spoil a perfectly good breakfast cereal. DAMN, I hate that.

Or waiting for a new bank card in the post (after you sandwiched the last one beneath your fat ****, a lighter and a brick wall) and every new day it STILL hasn't come. Actually - banks fullstop.

Idley nibbling the end of you pen whilst deep in thought, then finding yourself deep in sticky blue ****e.

That'll do for now although I feel there may be more on the horizon.
  18. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

I ****ing KNEW it!!!!!

Really loving the fact that it's Friday........then being reminded by some snooty ***** bitch of a **** receptionist, that I've put my name down for overtime tomorrow.
  19. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

gettin off the coach at a contest and realising your jacket/instrument/mouthpiece/music is still in the bandroom or car...

deleting all your english coursework files instead of your random junk files... (i'm never gunna forgive myself for that)

thinking you have another week to finish said english coursework, only to be informed by smug friend that it is in fact due in within the next hour...
  20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Playing the first bar of a piece only to realise they've given you an EEb copy instead of BBb (or vice versa) - does wonders for your transposition skills, especially if it's a long piece ;)