Enigma - Fairey FP (Music) Band

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by WorldofBrass.com, Sep 6, 2004.

1. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

At long last we can announce the release of Enigma from the Fairey FP (Music) Band.
    You may see in the press (Brass Band World, September issue) that the CD is due for release on 18th September. Well, the stock has arrived and we don't see any point in hanging on to it for 2 weeks!
    I haven't worked out how to do BOLD and links on the new-look tMP yet so the link to the CD on our website is here;
    http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21248.html

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Music) Band
    Enigma
    Fairey FP
    tMP
    Enigma - Fairey FP
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Which band plays which track? I mean, wasn't this recorded over a relatively long period during which the major changes after the Euros took place?

4. WorldofBrass.com

Recorded by B&H Sound Services on 6th & 7th December 2003 at BBC Studio 7, Manchester.

5. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Oh right, I thought they did some last year and some this year.

Many thanks Carl

6. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I played on this one, and I think although there may have been initial plans to record an extra track at a later date, this was all recorded in the one weekend in December of last year. I can recommend you buy it, as I recall there was some excellent playing that weekend.

7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Darth uttered :
    "I can recommend you buy it, as I recall there was some excellent playing that weekend."

Well, I've got my copy Chris, and it's certainly worth the money (didn't think I'd get a free one somehow............;-))

The playing, and just as importantly the recording (thanks Brian), is excellent. I think it's the best Brass Band one I've done to date. I think we knew it'd be quite good at the time of recording if I remember correctly.

Anyhow, buy it and judge for yourself!

8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I trust this and the regionals CD will be avaliable this weekend in Harrogate?

9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'll be getting mine soon.

10. WorldofBrass.com

Certainly will, from the World of Brass trade stand!

11. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

It is a fantastic CD , some awesome playing , Really enjoyed the Downland Suite...I haven't heard many other recordings of it ( I am sure there must be a few around tho) , the only other I have is a Hyperion cd played by the London Brass Virtuosi from 1987 with David Honeyball.
    stongly recomended listening.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Music) Band
    Enigma
    Fairey FP
    tMP
    Enigma - Fairey FP
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Brighouse &Rastrick did a recording of Downland Suite
    The Composers choice and is avaiable on Harelequin Recordings.
    For me only my opinion its a better performance where as the Faiery performance seems a little to steady but never the less still well played:clap: