Enigma - 'A Posteriori', anyone into this...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 8, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Got hold of this album recently, and must admit that I find it awesome - just the sort of music to listen to when winding down on train or when my brain needs some time-out. As many of us do, I too have a high pressure job and for me this is just the right tonic.

"Goodbye Milk Way" - simple structure, simple chords - C, Am et al, but done in the unique Enigma way - awesome...

Any other comments...?
  2. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

If I was you I'd go out and buy the entire back catalogue. (if you don't have them already)
    Try 'The Screen behind the Mirror'. It includes samples from Carmina Burana.

Awsome indeed.
  3. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

My Latin isn't great, but doesn't "A posteriori" mean "By" or "From" the "backside". Not sure what that says about the album......
  4. TheMusicMan

Hehe, though it certainly doesn't sound 'from the backside' to me Ron. It is a lovely, ambient, brain-chilled hour or so of Enigma'esque music.
  5. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

What do you mean by that - all boring Elgar variations , or some sort of musical idiom that is impossible to understand ..... ?
  6. TheMusicMan

Obviously, I mean music in the style of Enigma. Each to their own tastes Ron - if you like it fine, if you don't then don't listen to it.

I am a synth enthusiast and as such happen to appreciate this génre; not only do I like the music itself but I also listen to the actual sounds and effects used to create the mood. There's no deeply hidden idiom or language for me here - moreover , and quite simply, is music that allows me to switch off and relax when I need to.

I take it you are not a fan of Sir Edward Elgar then.. ;)