England vs. Paraguay

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by brassneck, Jun 10, 2006.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Well, 1-0 up already with a devastating free-kick by Mr. Beckham. How many more?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    more
    free-kick
    England
    Paraguay
    Beckham
  3. markyboy

markyboy Member

NONE!

Very poor in the second half, why was Owen brought off ?

Having said that its still 3 points in the bag.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

That's the way to look at it really... 3 pts in the bag is a good start. Not the best of 2nd halves but it is nice to see some good fortune coming Englands way.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Better reserve judgement until after sizing up Sweden and T&T.

6. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I noticed the referee wearing a microphone. What's that all about? I know refs use them in American football but that's to make public announcements during the game.

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

8. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

-cheers, Brian

... I like the look of Sweden ... movement off and on the ball is good and the only thing they are short of is the finishing touch to put the ball in the back of the net.

10. strange to think that 2 quality strikers in larsson and zlatan would lack a finishing touch, i think it was more great defending and goalkeeping from 2 t's

11. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

After all the other afternoon kick off I think maybe we could cut England a bit of slack. I thought that We eased off in the second half which in the heat was a good thing. Paraguay didn't look like scoring and we took our foot off the gas.

There's still a long way to go and there's no need to burn ourselves out or risk injury. Of course if we play like that against Trinidad then we can't use the same excuses but I thin k we'll see a better performance against them.

If on the last game against Sweden we are already going to go through on top of the group then I personnally would use the fringe players

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    more
    free-kick
    England
    Paraguay
    Beckham
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- hmmmm! I don't remember any of the England team players, coaches or TV pundits making that claim! Heat exhaustion, yes, but not because they could afford to be complacent! :-?

14. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

I don't think it was complacency, we still defended well enough - I think Paraguay had 3 shots all game?
    We eased off in the sense that we weren't throwing everything forward to get goals, and were at times happy just to keep possession.

15. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

That's the point I was making I didn't say we were complacent. We saw trhat Paraguay weren't causing the defence any problems and sat back and defended the lead without the players wiping themself out in the heat.