England vs France!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hollie, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Hollie

Hollie Member

So...It's half time and the English amoungst us, we are winning 17-6
    COME ON ENGLAND, KEEP IT UP!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    France
    England
    Wales
    half time
    french cafe
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

woohoo!! come on england!

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

17-18 France now....;)

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

What was the final score then? ;)

6. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

Final Score
    England 17- 18 France
    Good fight back France

7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Being slightly schizophrenic when it comes to rugby it was definitely a game of 2 halves. As a born Englishman it was cringesome to watch all those missed kicks and all those silly penalties given away. As an adopted Welshman, the generally appalling play by the French leaves hopes of a Welsh title, or possibly even a Slam, much higher.

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

A lot has been said about the state of the Millennium Stadium pitch recently, justifiably in my view. Well, Twickenham really didn't look much better today! (The England players changed their kit at half time!) Of course, in days gone by, it would have been expected to play on ropey pitches, but when you see some football grounds nowadays, who also let Rugby players play on them during the season, and the pitches still look better than Twickenham and the MS, (like the Madejski Stadium) then you wonder why effective drainage systems can't be installed into what are otherwise top notch stadia.

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I was tempted to moan how we outscored them in tries. Then I remembered a certain World Cup Quarter Final against Wales where they outscored us in tries and were more than a little unlucky to lose.... oh well, what goes around comes around.

The way Wales are playing at the mo, their game against Ireland will decide the destiny of the Six Nations this season, I reckon. Good luck to them both. And it's nice to see an apparent resurgence in Welsh rugby as someone who grew up (occasionally) watching the likes of Phil Bennett, JPR, Gareth Edwards etc. regularly setting the standard. England will come back eventually, I reckon, but they might as well just play for pride for the rest of this championship.

10. kiwiposaune

kiwiposaune New Member

It was ironic that England got beat the way they've so often beaten other teams - the French didn't score a try. Go Wales!

11. jpbray

jpbray Member

Look alikes

Was it Charlie Hodgson kicking for England or Dan Ackroyd, by the number of misses one would assume Dan Ackroyd.
    :p :p

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    France
    England
    Wales
    half time
    french cafe
  13. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

This is standard England practice these days. I'm reading WINNING by Clive Woodward at the moment. He brought this in when analysis indicated that England were slow starters in the 2nd half of a match. The idea was that the clean kit put the players into the mindset that the game was starting all over again.
    Didn't work on Saturday, maybe they should have changed into dirtier kit instead.

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Come back Johnny Wilkinson, your country needs you...why do we not a have a decent 2nd string kicker?!
    Anyone remember the electrifying match the day after tMP CIN? Ah the glory days...
    BMB
    xx

15. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

So far the 6 nations has been a mixture of some great rugby and some poor rugby. England vs France was poor rugby. Ireland vs Scotland was a much better game.

16. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

The difference between the Cardiff and Twickenham pitches cannot be compared.
    In Wales, the pitch had just been laid and the whopping great roof kept all the unwanted precipitation out.
    In England, there had been a massive downpour the previous night so the pitch was still very muddy and prone to cut up as it did!

17. six pints

six pints Active Member

im now holding u personally responsible for jinxing it....

(i didnt cry, not me, nooooo)

18. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Not for us it wasn't :x ;)

19. six pints

six pints Active Member

my wooden spoon is in the post ;)

20. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Ha ha - wait till i go and find my sense of humour....:rolleyes: - at least we are still level on points with England and Italy....;)

21. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

You played well at first, but Ireland were just much bigger and stronger than you.

22. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Aye, it was the same the week before against France. To be honest, I've never really understood the game! :)