England v Sweden

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Well the its the last game of the group, we've already won two games and have gone through to the next round to play either Ecuador or the Krauts (i'd rather the latter), so lets see if England can finish of the round in style.... 2-1 to England.

C'MON THE BOYS!!!!
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

3-0 I reckon. Hopefully tonight the lion roars.

3. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

2-1 to Sweden with King Henrik on form!
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Before today, I thought that Sweden would win convincingly ... but now I have a feeling that England will sneak a win ... goal from a Beckham freekick or midfield player!
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Definate Ingerland win, with Rooney (and that was hard to type!!) to run the show!

3-0 to us i reckon
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- Rooney's there as a foil methinks .... midfield will overpower!
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

OUCH!!!! Owen crocked (looks bad!)
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ah well - that's Wales' involvement in the World Cup over then! ;)

Good goal from Cole though.
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Awesome goal from Cole!!
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... :-?
  11. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Cracking save by Robinson from Carragher's handball!
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:clap: (I like it!)
  13. gawber

gawber Active Member

Can someone please explain to me why he hasn't played Theo Walcott? :confused:
  14. But but but.. 2-2 :( Oh well... we didn't lose :biggrin:
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Your defence tried their best to make sure you did lose though! :cool:
  16. :eek: OI you! We'll have a less of that! We DIDN'T lose, which is the main thing, so shhhhh.:mad:
  17. dyl

dyl Active Member

Touchy. I'll say what I want, thank you. ;)
  18. *packs up her belongings and heads for the door* :(
  19. so englands gonna win the world cup

the squad is unfit, or they aint played many competitive matches, OR BOTH!

and yet again, we aint beaten sweden, 12 games now goin back to the late 60's, didnt know sweden were a superpower in football, against england, it appears they are lol

1 other point, they could have finished us off 3 times if it werent for the crossbar twice and a clearance off the line!

and so to the next stage. ecuador, good passing team, got some threat with long throws and corners, and most of their best 11 are fully fit after some of them being rested. england, neville, owen, rooney, ferdinand, gerrard, all with niggles or injuries, campbell, walcott, carrick, jenas, bridge, not played much football for a while, carragher, joe cole, playin outa position (altho joe cole is playing well, for me though his skills are better used in an attacking midfield role, we still dont have a natural left footed left winger, and we have no pace on the right wing either), and a few players not hitting form, doesn't look good really!

can we replace any players at this stage or is it too late now?

for me, darren bent and jermaine defoe are shoutin for a call up and a more natural right back would be useful!
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  20. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

Rolling on, getting better, easier route through than it might have been, maybe, just maybe!!!
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006