England V Greece

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Aug 16, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Now i don't claim to know a thing about football, but england seem to be kicking ass!

England 4- Greece 0 and its not even half time yet!
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: I forgot about the game being on telly! thanks for reminding me ... 4-0?
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Aye! second half now starting

I'm not actually watching it tho! Dad happens to be in the same room as me with the TV on!
  4. Now technically that makes us European Champions

Peter Crouch - 8 goals in 8 games, a strike rate only surpassed by Jimmy Greaves!

Andy, having to put up with the fact we lost in Belfast cos my neighbours and tv here remind me constantly.
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Without being a BOC, it's 8 in 12, but still a brilliant return considering the flack he gets
  6. Ok, I'll give you that one Roy, but considering Crouchie was booed this time last year, I think its a fantastic achievement by the gert lanky bloke!
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Totally agree, it's a brilliant return at any level. As long as he keeps putting them in then I can't see McClaren dropping him
  8. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Not on the performance in the second half. We returned to form there, woeful defending, especially from set pieces, and not much imagination going forward. I know it's a game of two halves, and the momentum can be halted by the break, but it shouldn't make that much difference.

I'm sure our manager (aka Musical Director) wouldn't accept such a difference in performance standards between the first and second half of a concert. Can you imagine it............ Sorry Jim, I played a blinder in the first half, so I thought I'd coast a bit in the second. The response ..................... well if I put it in, it would be edited out! :shock: :hammer :hammer :ranting2: :hammer :ranting2: :hammer :ranting2: :shock: But you get the picture.
  9. persins

persins Member

I don't know. It seems to happen often enough in Brass band concerts!!

I agree with the sentiments though. First half was cracking, second didn't quite live up the expectation set in the first.

Still early days in the season and the players aren't at peak fitness. I still think it's way too early to be jumping on the positive or negative band wagon of McLaren but we shall see.
  10. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Definitely, it would be nice if he could be given the chance to play some games, without being hailed as a Messiah, or crucified as useless, by the media.

Then some months later, we could see how he is actually doing at the job, without the pressure that is piled on by the media, without any thought or consequence to its effect on both the manager, and the team.