England Games And Band Practice Nights

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

If your band as practice on Tuesdays&Thursdays will your band be cancelling band practice so those who want to see the England Games can do so or just except that you might get a POOR TURN OUT .

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    Tuesdays&Thursdays
    Band
    POOR TURN
    Thursdays
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

No.

And another no.

4. Di

Di Active Member

I think we'll still have a full band, but there will be someone, somewhere keeping tabs on the score. :rolleyes:

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping football wouldn't get in the way of band with us, but luckily we rehearse mondays and wednesdays anyway.

Manx_Yessir missed big FA Cup and Champions League Liverpool games to come to rehearsals i seem to remember and myself and Cornet King missed Towns playoff games at the end of last season for rehearsals.

The band should come before footie (unless absolutely everyone wants to watch it!!)

6. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

And boy did I get some stick if we were losing!! (Hasn't happened much recently tho eh!):clap: :biggrin:

Although I did miss last years' AGM to watch a certain game that was taking place in Istanbul:woo :clap:

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I really do not want to miss any of the England games, but then as the band have a few important things coming up, how can i miss band rehearsals aswell?!?!?
    Don't think poor attendance will be a problem, as half of our players aren't really that interested in England, and as i virtually never miss rehearsals for any reason, i think i should be allowed.
    If we get through the group stages, then it becomes a real problem!!

8. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Excellent work by our band secretary for this coming saturday 10th June

The event Marlow Regatta is on all day 11.30am - 11.00pm

The bandstand is shared with a Jazz Orchestra 1.00pm - 5.30pm alternating

The band secretary saw the situation early and booked our slots:-

1.00pm - 2.00pm

4.00pm - 5.30pm

Big screen being erected we understand so excellent work allround

9. I helped out my local junior band for a concert that started when england kicked off (against paraguay), and finished when the final whistle went! lol

a band of about 30 kids, and they all turned up bar 1 or 2 who had exam revision for an exam the next day or summin, now THATS commitment ;)