England football supporters band

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by NeilW, Mar 30, 2006.

1. NeilW

NeilW Member

Anyone going to admit being a member of it, or knowing anyone in it?

They've just been on Radio 4 talking about which pieces they won't be able to play in Germany.

The Dambusters is out, but the Great Escape is allowed :)

Neil.
    (NOT a football fan - but will be sitting doing the ironing whilst watching the Australian Grand Prix this w/e ;) )

2. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Oh no!. Not that bunch of Wednesday fans again. Great Escape makes us look like a load of backward looking xenophobes.

3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Why? Surely it's just a bit of fun?
    I must admit when I listen to it, i'm not thinking of the war. The Great Escape theme started when Eriksson took when it looked like we weren't going to qualify for the world cup and then we started to win matches and "escape" from non-qualification
    Please don't get all PC over our football team as well!

4. persins

persins Member

I agree.
    I don't think about the war when I hear the Great Escape!
    I can see their point about the Dam Busters though.
    How can we be accused of Xenophobia when we hate everybody just the same?!
    There is enough PC rubbish flying around at the moment, I struggle to see why we need any more.
    I'm sure I heard that children have been banned from singing Baa Baa Black sheep in schools now too! I never even knew there was anything sinister in that.

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I don't hate everybody just the same! I save a bit extra for the French!

And one school banned Baa Baa Black Sheep and replaced it with Rainbow Sheep!! How ridiculous is that? "Look Dad a Black Sheep in that field" "No son, it's a Rainbow Sheep." "But it's Black???" "Errm, it just IS OK!"