Energy on the BBC

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Brian Bowen, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

You have the opportunity of hearing Robert Simpson's "Energy" today at 17:00 - 18:30hrs on BBC Radio 3's "Made in Britain". It's from the Hyperian recording of the band works of Simpson made by Desford conducted by James Watson. So the beeb do still play serious works for band, though I discovered this one by chance.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BBC
    opportunity
    hearing
    Robert Simpson
    band works
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

They've done a few in this series, Dyke performed 3 impressions for Brass and Contest Music (22 and 21st) and Fodens did Salome for brass band (Rimmer) on the 20th. Shame I missed these! :(

4. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Fantastic recording.....glimmer of hope maybe!

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Maybe sites like 4barsrest could have some sort of dialogue with the Beeb so that they could advertise the fact brass band recordings are going to be part of the playlist for certain shows. It would get extra ratings for the Beeb so I'm sure they would do this

6. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I noticed that the BBC producer of Made in Britain was Paul Hindmarsh and that alone probably accounts for the brass band contributions to the programme, especially Heaton's music previously. Are there any other BBC producers, particularly on Radio 3, who share his interest in brass band music?