Enderby Scoop Again

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by a_szafranek, Nov 30, 2005.

1. a_szafranek

a_szafranek Member

Enderby Band are celebrating again after scooping first prize in the first section at the Leamington Contest on Sunday 27th November, beating the second placed band by three clear points. This follows the previous weekend's satisfying second place in the first section of the Leicester Contest. In addition to being overall winners of the contest, the Band's soprano cornet player, Mike Kilmartin, was deservedly awarded 'soloist of the day' for his individual performance in the Band's rendition of Tallis Variations. The Band would like to thank guest players Rob Mason (baritone) and Vicky Reynolds (solo horn at extremely short notice!) for their assistance.

The Band has made tremendous progress working under the direction of MD Huw Thomas since May of this year and would like to express thanks and congratulate him on the excellent playing standards he has already achieved throughout seven months of hard but very enjoyable rehearsals. The dedication and determination of the Band's playing members has also been evident throughout this period with regular full attendances and considerable improvement.

The Band now looks forward to performing over the Christmas period and to preparing for a successful challenge at next years Midlands Area Contest in March.
  2. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

As an ex-enderby player THATS BRILLIANT - well done everyone:clap::clap::clap:
  3. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

well it sounded good to me.

i think my cheering helped though!

big well done to Chris Jelley too, you are such a good player, the euph part was amazing!!!

4. a_szafranek

a_szafranek Member

I thought the Trombones were particularly amazing as well...
  5. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

well thats just taken for granted, esspaeciallythe first trom